We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 2 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 3 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 4 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 7 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 8 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 9 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 10 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 11 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 12 Schengen Visa Rules
- 13 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 14 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 15 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 16 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 17 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 18 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 19 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 20 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 21 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 22 Is my plan ok
- 23 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 24 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 25 5 Observations About Paris