We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 vienna ticket office to buy tickets for opera bastille Paris
- 2 Italy for the first time
- 3 ASADOR EXTEBARRI..and assorted related topics..questions..
- 4 Buy international calling card OR Smart phone with international minutes?
- 5 Budapest on a budget
- 6 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 7 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 8 Norfolk base
- 9 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 10 http://anradrol.com/jack-hammer-xl/
- 11 Renting bed linens and towels
- 12 Calling home from abroad
- 13 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 14 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 15 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 16 20 free days of Europe
- 17 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 18 Spain Road trip Barcelona to San Sebastian June 2017
- 19 Our European adventures
- 20 *Need help w/Puglia itinerary*
- 21 Late October European trek/hike location suggestions
- 22 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 23 Spain Trip Report
- 24 CDG international flight
- 25 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day