We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 2 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 3 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 4 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 5 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 10 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 11 Is Venice really dirty?
- 12 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 13 italy - france - germany
- 14 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 15 Planning Europe trip
- 16 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 17 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 18 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 19 Authentic czech food
- 20 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 21 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 22 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 23 Kimhe--flamenco
- 24 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 25 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice