We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 4 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 5 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 6 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 7 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 Imbros Gorge
- 10 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 13 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 14 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 15 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 16 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 17 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 18 How the kids age calculated
- 19 Help required with Itinerary
- 20 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 21 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 22 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 23 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 24 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 25 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)