We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Wake-up calls
- 2 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 3 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 4 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 5 Yummy Swiss bites
- 6 Schengen visa
- 7 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 8 Sicily - my nest trip
- 9 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 10 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 11 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 12 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 13 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 14 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 15 December in Deutschland
- 16 spanish winery region(s)
- 17 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 18 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 19 30 Days in France with Family (6 y/o, 23 mo), what city to stay?
- 20 Brussels for a Hen Party??? Ideas
- 21 Help/Advice From Irish Locals and Experts
- 22 Best International Sim Card
- 23 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 24 Bandol port of call
- 25 Paris transportation from CDG term 2 to La Defense