We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 2 Trains Austria
- 3 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 4 Trains
- 5 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 6 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 7 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 8 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 9 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 10 Denmark cycle tour
- 11 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 12 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 13 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 14 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 15 Train from Sarlat
- 16 Help with another Sicily itinerary (15 nights)
- 17 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 18 Naples vs Sorrento
- 19 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 20 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 21 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 22 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 23 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 24 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 25 Easter holidays in Spain, loved it!