We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in January?
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 10 days in London in early December
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 10 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 11 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 14 Scotland in December
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 18 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 21 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 22 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 23 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Greece