We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 2 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 3 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 4 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 5 From London to Paris to US
- 6 Itinerary help please!
- 7 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 8 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 9 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 10 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 11 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 12 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 13 France to stop making foie grois
- 14 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 15 Holiday Itinerary
- 16 Car hire
- 17 Ireland driving itinerary
- 18 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 19 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 20 Naples or Genoa
- 21 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 22 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 23 Itinerary Help!
- 24 Visiting the Black Forest
- 25 Barcelona to Morocco