We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 2 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 3 http://greentheorygarcinia.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 4 RHK's Fall escape
- 5 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 6 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 7 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 8 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 9 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 10 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 11 comment on my croatia itinerary please!
- 12 Can you comment on my itinerary?
- 13 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 14 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 15 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 16 Help wanted! Ideas for Europe by wheelchair (or boat!)
- 17 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 18 Need help in travel planning
- 19 Loire Valley itinerary
- 20 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 21 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 22 Help plan the route/transport options around Spain
- 23 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 24 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 25 Oops - too many yes it is me me me