We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 5 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 6 hotels in Seville
- 7 Sicily Suggetions
- 8 car rental companies Italy
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 11 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 12 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 13 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 14 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 15 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 16 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 20 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 21 Paris in April?
- 22 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt