We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 2 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 3 Malaga resort day pass ?
- 4 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 5 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 6 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 7 Puglia and Matera
- 8 9 days in Paris Plz help plan
- 9 Whici part of the Pyreness is the most scenic part to visit in January?
- 10 Andalucia Itinerary
- 11 Need recommendations for car rental agencies in Crete and Naxos
- 12 evening tours of Agrigento in Sicily?
- 13 Help with Slovenia / Croatia itinerary.
- 14 Getting to Cinque Terre from Croatia
- 15 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 16 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 17 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 18 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 19 Day Trip From London
- 20 day trip from Glasgow
- 21 Southern Puglia Italy
- 22 London-Paris summer 2016
- 23 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 24 Suggestions of where to go for a 12 day car hire in Spain
- 25 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015