We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 2 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 3 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 4 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 5 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 6 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 7 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 8 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 9 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 10 Scenic Driving Routes
- 11 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 12 Trip Report Iceland Ring Road in Campervan
- 13 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 14 London's Must Sights!
- 15 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 16 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 17 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 18 4 days in switzerland
- 19 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 20 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 21 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 22 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 23 14 nights in Europe
- 24 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 25 Oxford 24 hours