We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 4 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Getting around Lisbon
- 6 Athens International airport
- 7 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 8 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 9 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 10 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 11 YIKES!
- 12 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 15 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 16 Swiss Pass
- 17 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 18 Trip to Ireland in September
- 19 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 20 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 23 Final Four
- 24 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London