We are a family of four (2 kids aged 11 and 8) who are planning a trip to Europe. We will be visiting London, train to Paris and then visiting family in Malta before travelling by train in Italy (Rome, Florence and Venice).
I have been reading about packing light and can certainly see the advantages of taking carry on bags only but am wondering if any families have done this and if they were successful. I am particularly worried about the 7kg weight restriction that most airlines have. The kids are quite happy to have their own bags. I am quite guilty of packing way too much and have certainly paid for this on previous holidays.
Any advice would be great, even recommendations of particular bags.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 3 French restaurants
- 4 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Tour groups
- 9 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 10 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 11 English Countryside
- 12 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 13 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 14 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 15 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 16 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 17 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 18 Driving in Italy?
- 19 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 20 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 21 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 22 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 23 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 24 Granada to Madrid
- 25 Croatia