Mom and I are from Northern California have never been to Europe before. Heading to Cardiff for a week or so in September. We are hoping to do some genealogy research. Family, (or just Nanny) moved from Cardiff about 1902. (Williams-Tarr family. "Nanny" Ethel Lillian Williams born in Cardiff 1894) We are planning to do lots of sight seeing of the green valleys around and very interested in history. Any tips on places to stay (budget under $100 per night)? May or may not be renting a car.
Cardiff Wales early September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 2 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 3 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 4 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 5 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 6 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 7 michele_d or other visa-free ferry experts
- 8 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 9 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 10 Itinerary help
- 11 one-month itinerary -- what am I missing?
- 12 How to order free Lebara SIM card from the U.S.?
- 13 Things to do in/around Milan
- 14 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 15 South of Switzerland
- 16 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 17 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 18 Cell Coverage in Dordogne & Lot
- 19 Spanish Music
- 20 Now for the Venice hotel
- 21 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 22 Itinerary for Spain
- 23 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 24 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 25 Vienna to Padua Questions