Mom and I are from Northern California have never been to Europe before. Heading to Cardiff for a week or so in September. We are hoping to do some genealogy research. Family, (or just Nanny) moved from Cardiff about 1902. (Williams-Tarr family. "Nanny" Ethel Lillian Williams born in Cardiff 1894) We are planning to do lots of sight seeing of the green valleys around and very interested in history. Any tips on places to stay (budget under $100 per night)? May or may not be renting a car.
Cardiff Wales early September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help me with the itinerary !!
- 2 Help with itinerary for Italy for 12 days
- 3 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 4 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 5 EURail Pass worth it for this itinerary?
- 6 One island on way from Greece to Turkey
- 7 Romania: 8 to 9 day tour tips/suggestions
- 8 Car hire in Turkey
- 9 Preparing to drive on the Greek mainland
- 10 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 11 Solo train travel in Germany
- 12 Barcelona to San Sebastián etc....or???
- 13 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 14 Augsburg with kids
- 15 Portugal, Spain, France, Netherlands, England - Itinerary and Rail Travel ?
- 16 italian law regarding air conditioning in September?
- 17 London Trip Report - Textiles & Chocolate
- 18 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 19 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 20 any luggage storage/lockers at Gare du Nord?
- 21 Car Rental form Baia Mare or Sighet?
- 22 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 23 Question about justairports
- 24 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 25 Some questions about Paris. For example, Chez Michou?