We are planning to go to Croatia in May 2012 and have just started to gather information about the country.
Our plan is:
We start our Croatian journey in Dubrovnik, we are planning to stay for a couple of days there, doing the norm sighseeing things. After that we would like to head off to Split for a couple of days, then off to Zadar and Plitvice and finally ending in Zagreb for a couple of days.
I have six questions to start off:
1. Should we hire a car and do these things at our own leasure? or
2. Would public transport be just as good?
3. If public transport is the better way to go - what are the buses like and the timetable?
4. If we hire a car I was wondering what the road conditions are like between these cities.
5. What is the price of petrol in Croatia?
6. Have you any other tips for us re driving around these cities?
I also want to say that after our Zagreb visit we will head off to Djakovo, Osjek, Borovo and eventually getting to my birthtown of Vukovar (have not been back in 35+years) [live in Brisbane Australia now). This leg of the trip will be under guidence of my relatives so I am not very concerned about that as they will give me info regarding road conditions etc...
Sorry it's a long list and hope you lovely travel people can help me work on my itenary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 2 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 3 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 4 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 5 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Italy Car Scam
- 8 Barcelona alternative
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 16 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Can parking
- 21 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 22 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 23 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
Car vs Public Transport Dubrovnik/Split/Zadar/Plitvice/Zagreb