We are planning to go to Croatia in May 2012 and have just started to gather information about the country.
Our plan is:
We start our Croatian journey in Dubrovnik, we are planning to stay for a couple of days there, doing the norm sighseeing things. After that we would like to head off to Split for a couple of days, then off to Zadar and Plitvice and finally ending in Zagreb for a couple of days.
I have six questions to start off:
1. Should we hire a car and do these things at our own leasure? or
2. Would public transport be just as good?
3. If public transport is the better way to go - what are the buses like and the timetable?
4. If we hire a car I was wondering what the road conditions are like between these cities.
5. What is the price of petrol in Croatia?
6. Have you any other tips for us re driving around these cities?
I also want to say that after our Zagreb visit we will head off to Djakovo, Osjek, Borovo and eventually getting to my birthtown of Vukovar (have not been back in 35+years) [live in Brisbane Australia now). This leg of the trip will be under guidence of my relatives so I am not very concerned about that as they will give me info regarding road conditions etc...
Sorry it's a long list and hope you lovely travel people can help me work on my itenary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 2 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 3 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 4 Petrol in Greece
- 5 Train help for Prague
- 6 Meteora for older folk
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Budapest & Prague
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 13 Paris day trips August
- 14 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 15 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 16 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 17 Acorn TV
- 18 Spain in July
- 19 Germany train help!
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Athens
- 22 Transportation from Brno train station
- 23 Swiss Travel Pass
- 24 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 25 10 days in Paris and......
Car vs Public Transport Dubrovnik/Split/Zadar/Plitvice/Zagreb