We are planning to go to Croatia in May 2012 and have just started to gather information about the country.
Our plan is:
We start our Croatian journey in Dubrovnik, we are planning to stay for a couple of days there, doing the norm sighseeing things. After that we would like to head off to Split for a couple of days, then off to Zadar and Plitvice and finally ending in Zagreb for a couple of days.
I have six questions to start off:
1. Should we hire a car and do these things at our own leasure? or
2. Would public transport be just as good?
3. If public transport is the better way to go - what are the buses like and the timetable?
4. If we hire a car I was wondering what the road conditions are like between these cities.
5. What is the price of petrol in Croatia?
6. Have you any other tips for us re driving around these cities?
I also want to say that after our Zagreb visit we will head off to Djakovo, Osjek, Borovo and eventually getting to my birthtown of Vukovar (have not been back in 35+years) [live in Brisbane Australia now). This leg of the trip will be under guidence of my relatives so I am not very concerned about that as they will give me info regarding road conditions etc...
Sorry it's a long list and hope you lovely travel people can help me work on my itenary.
Car vs Public Transport Dubrovnik/Split/Zadar/Plitvice/Zagreb
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 2 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 5 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 6 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 7 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 8 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 9 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 10 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 11 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 12 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 13 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 14 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 15 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 16 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 19 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 20 Budget for 3 Month's
- 21 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 22 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 23 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 24 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 25 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls