We are planning to go to Croatia in May 2012 and have just started to gather information about the country.
Our plan is:
We start our Croatian journey in Dubrovnik, we are planning to stay for a couple of days there, doing the norm sighseeing things. After that we would like to head off to Split for a couple of days, then off to Zadar and Plitvice and finally ending in Zagreb for a couple of days.
I have six questions to start off:
1. Should we hire a car and do these things at our own leasure? or
2. Would public transport be just as good?
3. If public transport is the better way to go - what are the buses like and the timetable?
4. If we hire a car I was wondering what the road conditions are like between these cities.
5. What is the price of petrol in Croatia?
6. Have you any other tips for us re driving around these cities?
I also want to say that after our Zagreb visit we will head off to Djakovo, Osjek, Borovo and eventually getting to my birthtown of Vukovar (have not been back in 35+years) [live in Brisbane Australia now). This leg of the trip will be under guidence of my relatives so I am not very concerned about that as they will give me info regarding road conditions etc...
Sorry it's a long list and hope you lovely travel people can help me work on my itenary.
Car vs Public Transport Dubrovnik/Split/Zadar/Plitvice/Zagreb
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 2 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 3 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 4 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Day trip on the Rhine
- 7 tour guides in rome
- 8 poland to switzerland
- 9 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 10 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 11 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 12 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 13 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 14 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 15 Reims for a day
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 18 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 19 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 22 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 23 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 24 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 25 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury