We are planning to go to Croatia in May 2012 and have just started to gather information about the country.
Our plan is:
We start our Croatian journey in Dubrovnik, we are planning to stay for a couple of days there, doing the norm sighseeing things. After that we would like to head off to Split for a couple of days, then off to Zadar and Plitvice and finally ending in Zagreb for a couple of days.
I have six questions to start off:
1. Should we hire a car and do these things at our own leasure? or
2. Would public transport be just as good?
3. If public transport is the better way to go - what are the buses like and the timetable?
4. If we hire a car I was wondering what the road conditions are like between these cities.
5. What is the price of petrol in Croatia?
6. Have you any other tips for us re driving around these cities?
I also want to say that after our Zagreb visit we will head off to Djakovo, Osjek, Borovo and eventually getting to my birthtown of Vukovar (have not been back in 35+years) [live in Brisbane Australia now). This leg of the trip will be under guidence of my relatives so I am not very concerned about that as they will give me info regarding road conditions etc...
Sorry it's a long list and hope you lovely travel people can help me work on my itenary.
Car vs Public Transport Dubrovnik/Split/Zadar/Plitvice/Zagreb
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Writers Needed for Austria Guidebook
- 2 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 3 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 4 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 5 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 6 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 7 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 8 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 9 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 10 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 11 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 12 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 13 London neighborhood suggestions
- 14 What to wear
- 15 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 16 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Andalucia, Morocco
- 17 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 18 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 19 3 weeks in Europe
- 20 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 21 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 22 Last minute Bordeaux restaurant suggestions - for 4/26-4/28
- 23 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 24 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 25 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time