We are planning to go to Croatia in May 2012 and have just started to gather information about the country.
Our plan is:
We start our Croatian journey in Dubrovnik, we are planning to stay for a couple of days there, doing the norm sighseeing things. After that we would like to head off to Split for a couple of days, then off to Zadar and Plitvice and finally ending in Zagreb for a couple of days.
I have six questions to start off:
1. Should we hire a car and do these things at our own leasure? or
2. Would public transport be just as good?
3. If public transport is the better way to go - what are the buses like and the timetable?
4. If we hire a car I was wondering what the road conditions are like between these cities.
5. What is the price of petrol in Croatia?
6. Have you any other tips for us re driving around these cities?
I also want to say that after our Zagreb visit we will head off to Djakovo, Osjek, Borovo and eventually getting to my birthtown of Vukovar (have not been back in 35+years) [live in Brisbane Australia now). This leg of the trip will be under guidence of my relatives so I am not very concerned about that as they will give me info regarding road conditions etc...
Sorry it's a long list and hope you lovely travel people can help me work on my itenary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.healthynutritionshop.com/alpha-prime-elite/
- 2 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 3 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 4 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 5 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 6 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 7 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 8 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 9 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 10 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 11 Planning a European Trip
- 12 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 13 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 16 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 17 Italy for Christmas Week
- 18 train or plane
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
Car vs Public Transport Dubrovnik/Split/Zadar/Plitvice/Zagreb