We are planning to go to Croatia in May 2012 and have just started to gather information about the country.
Our plan is:
We start our Croatian journey in Dubrovnik, we are planning to stay for a couple of days there, doing the norm sighseeing things. After that we would like to head off to Split for a couple of days, then off to Zadar and Plitvice and finally ending in Zagreb for a couple of days.
I have six questions to start off:
1. Should we hire a car and do these things at our own leasure? or
2. Would public transport be just as good?
3. If public transport is the better way to go - what are the buses like and the timetable?
4. If we hire a car I was wondering what the road conditions are like between these cities.
5. What is the price of petrol in Croatia?
6. Have you any other tips for us re driving around these cities?
I also want to say that after our Zagreb visit we will head off to Djakovo, Osjek, Borovo and eventually getting to my birthtown of Vukovar (have not been back in 35+years) [live in Brisbane Australia now). This leg of the trip will be under guidence of my relatives so I am not very concerned about that as they will give me info regarding road conditions etc...
Sorry it's a long list and hope you lovely travel people can help me work on my itenary.
Car vs Public Transport Dubrovnik/Split/Zadar/Plitvice/Zagreb
- 1 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 4 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 5 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 6 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 7 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 8 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 9 rent car / Munich
- 10 Apartments in Rome
- 11 London for Christmas
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 16 To Paris and Provence in June
- 17 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 18 7 days in Andalucia
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 Madrid to Sevilla
- 21 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 22 A full week in The Netherlands
- 23 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 24 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome