We are planning to go to Croatia in May 2012 and have just started to gather information about the country.
Our plan is:
We start our Croatian journey in Dubrovnik, we are planning to stay for a couple of days there, doing the norm sighseeing things. After that we would like to head off to Split for a couple of days, then off to Zadar and Plitvice and finally ending in Zagreb for a couple of days.
I have six questions to start off:
1. Should we hire a car and do these things at our own leasure? or
2. Would public transport be just as good?
3. If public transport is the better way to go - what are the buses like and the timetable?
4. If we hire a car I was wondering what the road conditions are like between these cities.
5. What is the price of petrol in Croatia?
6. Have you any other tips for us re driving around these cities?
I also want to say that after our Zagreb visit we will head off to Djakovo, Osjek, Borovo and eventually getting to my birthtown of Vukovar (have not been back in 35+years) [live in Brisbane Australia now). This leg of the trip will be under guidence of my relatives so I am not very concerned about that as they will give me info regarding road conditions etc...
Sorry it's a long list and hope you lovely travel people can help me work on my itenary.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 2 3 days with a Swindon base
- 3 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 4 3 days to spend in europe
- 5 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 6 Italy for the first time
- 7 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 8 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 9 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 10 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 11 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 12 italy itinerary
- 13 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 14 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 15 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 16 Please suggest best itinerary
- 17 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 18 Beaches in Southern France
- 19 Skip the line passes for Venice, Florence, Rome
- 20 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 21 French lavender and cottages
- 22 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 23 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 24 Fairy Tale Road (and Beyond) Lodging Recommendations
- 25 Itinerary and Hotel Recommendations -- Amalfi Coast
Car vs Public Transport Dubrovnik/Split/Zadar/Plitvice/Zagreb