DH and I, our then- 19 month old son, and my parents will be spending a little over 2 weeks in Italy in late May/early June. This is our 6th trip to Italy (first for our little one!), but we have never driven in Italy. DH and DF (my father) have driven in Germany, Austria, and Greece and are familar with European road rules and are comfortable driving stick shift. All that sad... neither is thrilled at the prospect of picking up the car in Rome and driving out of Rome after our first 4 nights.
When we rent cars in Athens, we always pay a little extra to pick them up at the Athens airport so that the driver can easily hop onto the freeway and avoid driving in Athens itself. Would picking up the car at FCO accomplish the same thing? Alternatively, upon leaving Rome, we were planning to head to either Vitterbo or Orvieto. It looks as though both destinations are easily reached by train, so would it perhaps be less stressful to train there and pick up the cars there?
Many thanks for all your advice. I'm sure the prospect of driving in Rome isn't daunting to many, but when my usually mellow DH and DF both put their foot down about it... I know I best come up with some other alternative .
P.S. The day we would want to pick up the car is May 30th, a Wednesday. I believe we have to check out of our apartment by 10am.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 시티랜드카지노べ❤【 ＵＵＸ74。ＺＥ。ＡＭ 】❤べ시티랜드카지노
- 2 London Hotels
- 3 Europe itinerary questions
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Back from Paris
- 6 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 7 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 1 month in Europe
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 12 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 13 10 days in Paris and......
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 16 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 17 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Is winter nice season to visit Hallstatt, Austria ?
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 22 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 23 LIsbon
- 24 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 25 Iceland in 7 days.