DH and I, our then- 19 month old son, and my parents will be spending a little over 2 weeks in Italy in late May/early June. This is our 6th trip to Italy (first for our little one!), but we have never driven in Italy. DH and DF (my father) have driven in Germany, Austria, and Greece and are familar with European road rules and are comfortable driving stick shift. All that sad... neither is thrilled at the prospect of picking up the car in Rome and driving out of Rome after our first 4 nights.
When we rent cars in Athens, we always pay a little extra to pick them up at the Athens airport so that the driver can easily hop onto the freeway and avoid driving in Athens itself. Would picking up the car at FCO accomplish the same thing? Alternatively, upon leaving Rome, we were planning to head to either Vitterbo or Orvieto. It looks as though both destinations are easily reached by train, so would it perhaps be less stressful to train there and pick up the cars there?
Many thanks for all your advice. I'm sure the prospect of driving in Rome isn't daunting to many, but when my usually mellow DH and DF both put their foot down about it... I know I best come up with some other alternative .
P.S. The day we would want to pick up the car is May 30th, a Wednesday. I believe we have to check out of our apartment by 10am.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 엔트리보드게임 ▼ 접속 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 3 free international phone calls
- 4 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 5 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 6 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 7 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 8 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day
- 9 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 10 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 11 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 12 London 6 day itinerary
- 13 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 International drivers permit
- 16 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 17 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 18 France Study Abroad
- 19 Paris and Normandy
- 20 Sicily Beach Resort
- 21 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 22 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 23 Two days in Rome
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 First visit to London