My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy for our honeymoon in mid-May. We are flying into Milan and then heading to Venice/Verona then to the Tuscany region via train. Then we are off to Rome for a few days.
We are looking to rent a car while in Tuscany since our villa is in San Donato, outside of San Gimignano. There is no easy way to get there other than renting a car and we would also like to drive to the different towns in Tuscany. My question is:
Is it better to rent a car at the Florence airport or in the city? I know that gettiing in and out of Florence can be hassle so what would be our best course of action? Should we do drop off in Siena and take the train down to Rome?
Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SBCGLOBALPassword Reset CONTACT ☎1800:681:7208SBCGLOBALTec#SUPP
- 2 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 3 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 10 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 14 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 15 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 16 Trogir or Split
- 17 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 18 Scotland
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 21 Istria in two days
- 22 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 23 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 24 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 25 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights