My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy for our honeymoon in mid-May. We are flying into Milan and then heading to Venice/Verona then to the Tuscany region via train. Then we are off to Rome for a few days.
We are looking to rent a car while in Tuscany since our villa is in San Donato, outside of San Gimignano. There is no easy way to get there other than renting a car and we would also like to drive to the different towns in Tuscany. My question is:
Is it better to rent a car at the Florence airport or in the city? I know that gettiing in and out of Florence can be hassle so what would be our best course of action? Should we do drop off in Siena and take the train down to Rome?
Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 2 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 3 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 4 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 8 4 days itinerary for France
- 9 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 12 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 13 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 14 vienna
- 15 Questions about Polish sights
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 18 Bernina Express mid-March
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 21 Italy
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 Ireland travel passport question