My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy for our honeymoon in mid-May. We are flying into Milan and then heading to Venice/Verona then to the Tuscany region via train. Then we are off to Rome for a few days.
We are looking to rent a car while in Tuscany since our villa is in San Donato, outside of San Gimignano. There is no easy way to get there other than renting a car and we would also like to drive to the different towns in Tuscany. My question is:
Is it better to rent a car at the Florence airport or in the city? I know that gettiing in and out of Florence can be hassle so what would be our best course of action? Should we do drop off in Siena and take the train down to Rome?
Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 Days in Spain
- 2 Pay attention to your watches !
- 3 Quizz !
- 4 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 5 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 8 8 Days in Spain
- 9 Venice/Mestre
- 10 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 11 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 12 car insurance italy
- 13 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Italy Car Scam
- 16 auto europa or auto europe?
- 17 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 21 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 24 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris