My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy for our honeymoon in mid-May. We are flying into Milan and then heading to Venice/Verona then to the Tuscany region via train. Then we are off to Rome for a few days.
We are looking to rent a car while in Tuscany since our villa is in San Donato, outside of San Gimignano. There is no easy way to get there other than renting a car and we would also like to drive to the different towns in Tuscany. My question is:
Is it better to rent a car at the Florence airport or in the city? I know that gettiing in and out of Florence can be hassle so what would be our best course of action? Should we do drop off in Siena and take the train down to Rome?
Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 3 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 4 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 5 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 6 Cell Phone Question
- 7 Greek Islands (small)
- 8 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 9 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 12 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 16 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 17 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 18 Help required with Itinerary
- 19 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 20 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 21 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 22 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 23 Campervan in Croatia
- 24 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?