My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy for our honeymoon in mid-May. We are flying into Milan and then heading to Venice/Verona then to the Tuscany region via train. Then we are off to Rome for a few days.
We are looking to rent a car while in Tuscany since our villa is in San Donato, outside of San Gimignano. There is no easy way to get there other than renting a car and we would also like to drive to the different towns in Tuscany. My question is:
Is it better to rent a car at the Florence airport or in the city? I know that gettiing in and out of Florence can be hassle so what would be our best course of action? Should we do drop off in Siena and take the train down to Rome?
Any information would be helpful. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days each in London and Paris
- 2 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 5 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 8 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 9 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 10 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 13 A few more questions about Brittany
- 14 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 15 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 16 Positano or Sorrento?
- 17 Paris in November
- 18 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 19 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 20 London Theater
- 21 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 22 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 23 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 24 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland