As part of a larger trip thru Europe, we will be renting a car in Vienna and dropping off in Salzburg. I have been poking around on locations and most companies have their main facilities at the airport with smaller satellite offices located thru the cities (seems like some are auto dealerships). It would be more convenient to rent from these smaller locations closer to our hotel, but seems safer to go to the airport where hours and selection may be better. It is tough to see all this info on line. Any advice?
Car Rental Locations
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 2 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 3 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 4 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 5 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 6 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 7 DVD players in France
- 8 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 9 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 10 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 11 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 12 Train from Sarlat
- 13 Trains
- 14 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 15 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 16 Naples vs Sorrento
- 17 Cinque Terre trails
- 18 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 19 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 20 Paris Bastille Day
- 21 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 22 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 23 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 24 Liverpool to London
- 25 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help