Wish to hire a car while we are in the chianti region for about 4 days. Anyone have a preferred service provider (Avis or europcar?). What sort of deposit do we need to pay (in euro please). Will they accept my chipped cheque card (South Africans should know what I am talking about) or do I have to have a credit card? Avis has always accepted my cheque card in SA.
Also, we are staying in montespertoli - are there any trains go near there from Rome? Where we could hire a car or should we drive from Rome & drop off on Florence before we head (by train) to Venice?
Any advise very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 2 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 3 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 4 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 5 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 6 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 7 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 8 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 9 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 10 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 11 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 12 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 13 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 14 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 15 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 16 Appenzell in December?
- 17 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 18 Iceland in January/February
- 19 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 22 WWI Battlefields
- 23 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Visiting Zurich