Wish to hire a car while we are in the chianti region for about 4 days. Anyone have a preferred service provider (Avis or europcar?). What sort of deposit do we need to pay (in euro please). Will they accept my chipped cheque card (South Africans should know what I am talking about) or do I have to have a credit card? Avis has always accepted my cheque card in SA.
Also, we are staying in montespertoli - are there any trains go near there from Rome? Where we could hire a car or should we drive from Rome & drop off on Florence before we head (by train) to Venice?
Any advise very welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Europcar!
- 2 16 days in France and Italy
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 5 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 8 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 9 Amsterdam
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 11 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 12 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 13 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 14 Train / Calabria
- 15 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise