My wife and I are traveling in France next month, goin to spend a week in Burgundy. I know the local train in the valley is great, but we want a little more mobility and flexibility, so we're renting a car. Our thinking is that we arrive in Dijon by TGV from Paris, get a rental car at the train station, and then drive south to our hotel. Does that makes sense, and does anyone have any recommendations on car rental companies to use, or any other tips about the process? Also, I've been told that you save money by making the rental reservation before you leave, from the U.S. (where we live). Is this true? Thanks for any help!
Car rental in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 2 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 3 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 4 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 7 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 8 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 9 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 10 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 11 Gotland Sweden Hotels
- 12 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 13 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 14 Mycenae Documentary
- 15 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 16 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 17 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 18 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 21 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 22 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 Mont St Michel
- 25 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?