I almost had an itineray finalized and then discovered how frustrating it is to rent a car in Czech Republic. We will take the train from Budapest to Czech. The areas that we want to visit are Prague, Cesky Krumlov,& Telc. I orginally thought we'd take the train from Budapest to Prague (spend 3 days) then rent a car and go to Telc and surrounding areas and then to CK.I think only Sixt offers a drop off at Cesk Budejovice. Then of course my next destination is Vienna so I would need to shuttle , train, or bus there. So, then I rethought this and possibly from Budapest we should take the train to Brno but there many of the dealers only have pickup at the (Sixt, Auto Europe), Avis) airport and Alamo at the Holiday Inn and Hertz at Millenium Cenre. Does anyone have any idea how far those areas are from the train station? Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.
Car rental in Czech Republicc
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 2 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 3 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 4 Day trip on the Rhine
- 5 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 6 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 7 Munich with a car?
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 One week in Venice - trips
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 12 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 13 UK for 12 days !
- 14 Estonia Amber
- 15 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 16 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 17 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 18 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 19 Good Friday in Barcelona
- 20 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 21 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 22 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 23 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 24 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 25 Germany-berlin marathon