I almost had an itineray finalized and then discovered how frustrating it is to rent a car in Czech Republic. We will take the train from Budapest to Czech. The areas that we want to visit are Prague, Cesky Krumlov,& Telc. I orginally thought we'd take the train from Budapest to Prague (spend 3 days) then rent a car and go to Telc and surrounding areas and then to CK.I think only Sixt offers a drop off at Cesk Budejovice. Then of course my next destination is Vienna so I would need to shuttle , train, or bus there. So, then I rethought this and possibly from Budapest we should take the train to Brno but there many of the dealers only have pickup at the (Sixt, Auto Europe), Avis) airport and Alamo at the Holiday Inn and Hertz at Millenium Cenre. Does anyone have any idea how far those areas are from the train station? Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated.
Car rental in Czech Republicc
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 4 Gogartys, Dublin
- 5 Prague - must see
- 6 Sicily 10 days
- 7 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 8 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 9 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 10 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 11 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 12 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 13 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 14 Portugal in September
- 15 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 16 Europe with young teens
- 17 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 18 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 21 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 Advises for trip to Russia
- 24 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 25 First time traveler to Ireland