We will be flying into Barcelona and spending a couple of days there before driving down to Granada. We need to pick up our car-rental in Barcelona and I am wondering if you have any advice now which car rental location is the best - in terms of selection of cars, service, wait-time, etc.? The airport? The train station? Another one near the city? We are a group of 6, so we will need a 6-7 person van with an automatic transmission (I understand these are not as common as manual transmission and/or smaller cars in Europe).
In the US, I would pick an airport rental location even if we were not flying in and picking up directly. This is because of big inventory (so biggest selection of cars within your class-range that you booked for, etc.) But not sure if the same assumptions are true in Barcelona (especially since we are staying close to city centre, then will need to go to the airport and pick up, bring back and park overnight before heading out to Granada early the next day).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 7 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 Regarding Residence Permit
- 10 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 11 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 12 Tracking the Weather
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 18 Which Day?
- 19 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 20 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 21 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 22 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 23 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 24 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 25 Good mobile plan for traveller