We will be flying into Barcelona and spending a couple of days there before driving down to Granada. We need to pick up our car-rental in Barcelona and I am wondering if you have any advice now which car rental location is the best - in terms of selection of cars, service, wait-time, etc.? The airport? The train station? Another one near the city? We are a group of 6, so we will need a 6-7 person van with an automatic transmission (I understand these are not as common as manual transmission and/or smaller cars in Europe).
In the US, I would pick an airport rental location even if we were not flying in and picking up directly. This is because of big inventory (so biggest selection of cars within your class-range that you booked for, etc.) But not sure if the same assumptions are true in Barcelona (especially since we are staying close to city centre, then will need to go to the airport and pick up, bring back and park overnight before heading out to Granada early the next day).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Rome
- 2 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 3 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 4 Vatican City questions
- 5 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Garda Land
- 9 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 10 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 11 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 12 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 16 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 17 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 18 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 19 Dublin Leap Card
- 20 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 21 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 22 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 23 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....