We will be flying into Barcelona and spending a couple of days there before driving down to Granada. We need to pick up our car-rental in Barcelona and I am wondering if you have any advice now which car rental location is the best - in terms of selection of cars, service, wait-time, etc.? The airport? The train station? Another one near the city? We are a group of 6, so we will need a 6-7 person van with an automatic transmission (I understand these are not as common as manual transmission and/or smaller cars in Europe).
In the US, I would pick an airport rental location even if we were not flying in and picking up directly. This is because of big inventory (so biggest selection of cars within your class-range that you booked for, etc.) But not sure if the same assumptions are true in Barcelona (especially since we are staying close to city centre, then will need to go to the airport and pick up, bring back and park overnight before heading out to Granada early the next day).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 2 Santorini lodging
- 3 Barcelona
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 6 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 7 Spain and South of France
- 8 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 9 Algarve location Help
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Andalucia itinerary help
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 14 Ischia
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Romania - Good destination for 2017
- 17 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 21 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 22 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 23 Germany family road trip help!
- 24 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 25 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg