We will be flying into Barcelona and spending a couple of days there before driving down to Granada. We need to pick up our car-rental in Barcelona and I am wondering if you have any advice now which car rental location is the best - in terms of selection of cars, service, wait-time, etc.? The airport? The train station? Another one near the city? We are a group of 6, so we will need a 6-7 person van with an automatic transmission (I understand these are not as common as manual transmission and/or smaller cars in Europe).
In the US, I would pick an airport rental location even if we were not flying in and picking up directly. This is because of big inventory (so biggest selection of cars within your class-range that you booked for, etc.) But not sure if the same assumptions are true in Barcelona (especially since we are staying close to city centre, then will need to go to the airport and pick up, bring back and park overnight before heading out to Granada early the next day).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 If you had to choose one......
- 2 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 3 BARDENAS REALES, Unesco site and national park in Navarra
- 4 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 5 English Countryside
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 8 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 9 So much to do, so little time!
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 12 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 13 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 16 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 17 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 20 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 21 House Hunting in France
- 22 Tour of Northern Italy
- 23 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 24 Cognac transportation?
- 25 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...