I've spent the better part of the day searching for car rental prices in Salzburg, Austria. This will be our first attempt at renting a car, and it seems to be very confusing to me. I would appreciate any advice you could give me. On National Car rental's web page they give the base rate, and added surcharges and taxes, which include airport surcharge of 13 pct, motor insurance tax, 10 ATS/day, vehicle license fee 7.00 ATS/day, and of course the Vat tax, 21.20%. Then I went to Avis' website and their surcharges are a bit harder to find (and understand). Their airport surcharge is 12%, but they also display a registration fee of 38 ATS/day with a maximum of 14 days for all rentals. The odd hour fees won't apply to us but I am confused in particular about this registration fee Avis is charging, but not National (unless it is called something else). Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Diane Moll.
Car Rental in Austria
- 1 Moving to Spain
- 2 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 3 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 4 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 5 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 6 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 7 Drive Rome Florence
- 8 Best area for wine and which one?
- 9 Bus from Sorrento to Naples Airport
- 10 Prague Itinerary
- 11 Time Out London - is there a replacement?
- 12 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 13 Sicily- two week summer vacation
- 14 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 15 Four days to wander France???
- 16 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 17 Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Fuessen - Last Bus
- 18 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 19 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 20 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 21 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 22 culinary classes in Biarritz/San Sebastian
- 23 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 24 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 25 How Long For Santorini?