My husband and I are leaving for Ireland on Tuesday. We prepaid for a car rental with Dan Dooley through their US office. While putting together our documents, I noticed that your license must have been issued at least two years ago. I renewed my license in 2008, so I didn't think this would be an issue. However, I forgot that my license was reissued last June because my husband and I bought a house (so both of our licenses have issue dates of less than one year). This is my fault for not picking up on this earlier, and I will be calling the US office as soon as they open tomorrow morning, but has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying not to panic, but it would be nice to hear something reassuring! I did pay for my driving record online showing that my license was renewed in February of 2008 and I'm hoping I can fax it or send a scanned copy to the US office tomorrow. I'm so disappointed in myself that I did not notice earlier But, I can't imagine that we are the first ones that this has happened to, with names changes, changing addresses, etc.
Car Rental: Driver's License Issue Date?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 4 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 5 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 6 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 7 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 8 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 9 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 10 nearby cities to london
- 11 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 12 London hotel
- 13 Prague - Tram #22
- 14 A drive in Europe
- 15 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 16 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 19 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 20 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 21 Where to stay in Rome
- 22 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 23 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 24 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring