My husband and I are leaving for Ireland on Tuesday. We prepaid for a car rental with Dan Dooley through their US office. While putting together our documents, I noticed that your license must have been issued at least two years ago. I renewed my license in 2008, so I didn't think this would be an issue. However, I forgot that my license was reissued last June because my husband and I bought a house (so both of our licenses have issue dates of less than one year). This is my fault for not picking up on this earlier, and I will be calling the US office as soon as they open tomorrow morning, but has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying not to panic, but it would be nice to hear something reassuring! I did pay for my driving record online showing that my license was renewed in February of 2008 and I'm hoping I can fax it or send a scanned copy to the US office tomorrow. I'm so disappointed in myself that I did not notice earlier But, I can't imagine that we are the first ones that this has happened to, with names changes, changing addresses, etc.
Car Rental: Driver's License Issue Date?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 2 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 3 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 rent car / Munich
- 7 Apartments in Rome
- 8 London for Christmas
- 9 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 11 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 12 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 13 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 16 7 days in Andalucia
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Madrid to Sevilla
- 19 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 20 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 21 A full week in The Netherlands
- 22 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 23 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 24 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 25 Ireland in a week