My husband and I are leaving for Ireland on Tuesday. We prepaid for a car rental with Dan Dooley through their US office. While putting together our documents, I noticed that your license must have been issued at least two years ago. I renewed my license in 2008, so I didn't think this would be an issue. However, I forgot that my license was reissued last June because my husband and I bought a house (so both of our licenses have issue dates of less than one year). This is my fault for not picking up on this earlier, and I will be calling the US office as soon as they open tomorrow morning, but has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying not to panic, but it would be nice to hear something reassuring! I did pay for my driving record online showing that my license was renewed in February of 2008 and I'm hoping I can fax it or send a scanned copy to the US office tomorrow. I'm so disappointed in myself that I did not notice earlier But, I can't imagine that we are the first ones that this has happened to, with names changes, changing addresses, etc.
Car Rental: Driver's License Issue Date?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 Nights in Paris
- 2 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 3 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 4 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 7 Normandy and Loire
- 8 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 9 By train to and out of Prague
- 10 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 11 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 12 Trip Report -- Just Back From Spain
- 13 Northern Europe in April-May
- 14 Lake Como transportation questions
- 15 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 16 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 17 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 18 history museums or locations
- 19 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 20 Granada
- 21 caroline_venezia
- 22 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 23 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 24 5 Observations About Paris
- 25 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier