My husband and I are leaving for Ireland on Tuesday. We prepaid for a car rental with Dan Dooley through their US office. While putting together our documents, I noticed that your license must have been issued at least two years ago. I renewed my license in 2008, so I didn't think this would be an issue. However, I forgot that my license was reissued last June because my husband and I bought a house (so both of our licenses have issue dates of less than one year). This is my fault for not picking up on this earlier, and I will be calling the US office as soon as they open tomorrow morning, but has anyone else had this problem? I'm trying not to panic, but it would be nice to hear something reassuring! I did pay for my driving record online showing that my license was renewed in February of 2008 and I'm hoping I can fax it or send a scanned copy to the US office tomorrow. I'm so disappointed in myself that I did not notice earlier But, I can't imagine that we are the first ones that this has happened to, with names changes, changing addresses, etc.
Car Rental: Driver's License Issue Date?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 2 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 6 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 7 American Express
- 8 Airport ATMs
- 9 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 10 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 11 Three ferries to Mull
- 12 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 15 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 16 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 22 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 23 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 24 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 25 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence