I priced a car rental on Auto Europe's online site from Venice to Dubrovnik and it was reasonable. I called today to be certain we would be allowed to take the car into Bosnia.
The person I talked with on the phone said we wouldn't be able to do the one way drop off (even though it was bookable online) and we would definitely not be allowed to drive the car into Bosnia due to theft issues.
We were initially planning to ferry to Croatia but the ferries aren't running on convenient dates from Venice (end of September) and have our car pick-up and drop-off in Croatia. I know we could take other transportation into Croatia but that would be less convenient.
Has anyone done a similar trip?
Has anyone rented a car and driven into Bosnia (Sarajevo?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport question
- 2 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 3 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Things to do in Brussels
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 14 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 15 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 38 Days in Paris
- 19 Naxos car rental
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 22 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 23 Short Trip in July
- 24 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 25 question on Barcelona itinerary
Car Rental Challenges Venice to Dubrovnik With Side Trip to Bosnia