I priced a car rental on Auto Europe's online site from Venice to Dubrovnik and it was reasonable. I called today to be certain we would be allowed to take the car into Bosnia.
The person I talked with on the phone said we wouldn't be able to do the one way drop off (even though it was bookable online) and we would definitely not be allowed to drive the car into Bosnia due to theft issues.
We were initially planning to ferry to Croatia but the ferries aren't running on convenient dates from Venice (end of September) and have our car pick-up and drop-off in Croatia. I know we could take other transportation into Croatia but that would be less convenient.
Has anyone done a similar trip?
Has anyone rented a car and driven into Bosnia (Sarajevo?)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 마틴배팅 ▶ 홈피: pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 다빈치알라딘 바다이야기 ▶ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 3 Andalucia Spain
- 4 seat reservations
- 5 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 8 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 9 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 10 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 11 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 12 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 13 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 15 Italy in a week
- 16 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 17 what is this Copenhagen building?
- 18 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 19 Germany-Car or Train
- 20 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 21 SURPRISE TRIP
- 22 Jewish Vienna
- 23 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 24 Reaching the Lake District
- 25 Positano Hotel in September
Car Rental Challenges Venice to Dubrovnik With Side Trip to Bosnia