We are a couple planning on traveling from Prague through Austria to Slovenia and down through Croatia. We prefer car rental, but I know there are restrictions for some countries and fees for different drop off points. Has anyone done this route before? We'd like to have a car definitely for exploring Slovenia and Croatia. What would be the best/cheapest/most convenient way for two with luggage to get from Prague to Ljubljana, with a possible one night stop in Austria, either Salzberg or Halstatt? I am thinking we should do the bus/train to get to Slovenia, then rent one car to tour Slovenia, and another one in Croatia. Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days in Paris and......
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 4 Athens
- 5 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 6 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 7 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 8 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 9 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 10 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 11 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 12 Swiss Travel Pass
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 17 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 21 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 24 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 25 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices