We are a couple planning on traveling from Prague through Austria to Slovenia and down through Croatia. We prefer car rental, but I know there are restrictions for some countries and fees for different drop off points. Has anyone done this route before? We'd like to have a car definitely for exploring Slovenia and Croatia. What would be the best/cheapest/most convenient way for two with luggage to get from Prague to Ljubljana, with a possible one night stop in Austria, either Salzberg or Halstatt? I am thinking we should do the bus/train to get to Slovenia, then rent one car to tour Slovenia, and another one in Croatia. Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Layover of 10 hrs in london
- 2 Riviera (Italian and French) Vs Como and The Alps in June
- 3 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 4 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 5 Cinqueterre
- 6 stonehenge day trip from london
- 7 Weather late May in Copenhagen, Tallin, etc.
- 8 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 9 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 10 Scotland Trip Report
- 11 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 12 Charming areas to explore in London
- 13 Trip to Ireland in September
- 14 Tips / stops on drive from Munich, Fussen, Salzburg
- 15 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 16 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 17 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 18 Cornwall UK
- 19 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 20 Rome Discount Card for Longer Stay?
- 21 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Train tickets in Italy?
- 23 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 24 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 25 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium