We are a couple planning on traveling from Prague through Austria to Slovenia and down through Croatia. We prefer car rental, but I know there are restrictions for some countries and fees for different drop off points. Has anyone done this route before? We'd like to have a car definitely for exploring Slovenia and Croatia. What would be the best/cheapest/most convenient way for two with luggage to get from Prague to Ljubljana, with a possible one night stop in Austria, either Salzberg or Halstatt? I am thinking we should do the bus/train to get to Slovenia, then rent one car to tour Slovenia, and another one in Croatia. Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 4 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 5 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 6 Northern Ireland ideas
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 11 Long weekend in Albania
- 12 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 13 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 scotland itinerary
- 16 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Hotel in Florence
- 20 Travel between Civitavecchia and Rome
- 21 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 22 Missing Toronto Woman May Be in France
- 23 Malta - how to do it?
- 24 Using CPAP machine in France
- 25 Castle Stays in Wales