Can anyone explain to me why some car rental companies like Thrifty do not allow their vehicles to be driven into Eastern European countries? I was planning on renting a car in Venice and driving to Ljubljana, but it seems that it is either not allowed or heavily extra-charged by car companies.
I would appreciate your advice.
Car Rental - Driving into Eastern Europe not permitted
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay near Loire castles?
- 2 venice, italy
- 3 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 4 Now for the Venice hotel
- 5 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 6 Where to go in France mid July?
- 7 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 8 week in scotland
- 9 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 10 A guide to Madrid
- 11 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 12 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 13 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 14 Rocamaxour
- 15 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 16 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 17 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 18 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 19 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 20 Home Base in Belgium
- 21 Greece after the Vote
- 22 April in Madrid
- 23 Big and little towns of Europe
- 24 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 25 Navigo Decouverte