Can anyone explain to me why some car rental companies like Thrifty do not allow their vehicles to be driven into Eastern European countries? I was planning on renting a car in Venice and driving to Ljubljana, but it seems that it is either not allowed or heavily extra-charged by car companies.
I would appreciate your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 3 barcelona neighborhood
- 4 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 5 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 6 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 7 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 8 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 9 Europe itinerary help!
- 10 Shorts in South of France?
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 Les Invalides Night Show
- 14 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 15 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 16 Best Greek Island
- 17 Which Day?
- 18 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 19 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 20 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 21 Corsica and Sardinia
- 22 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 25 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?