Can anyone explain to me why some car rental companies like Thrifty do not allow their vehicles to be driven into Eastern European countries? I was planning on renting a car in Venice and driving to Ljubljana, but it seems that it is either not allowed or heavily extra-charged by car companies.
I would appreciate your advice.
Car Rental - Driving into Eastern Europe not permitted
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 2 Budget family trip to Europe
- 3 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 4 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 5 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 6 Lake Como transportation questions
- 7 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 8 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 9 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 10 All Set To Go!!
- 11 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 12 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 13 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 14 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 15 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 16 By train to and out of Prague
- 17 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 18 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 19 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 20 Cylades Island Hopping
- 21 7 Nights in Paris
- 22 Normandy and Loire
- 23 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 24 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 25 Northern Italy Itinerary Help