Can anyone explain to me why some car rental companies like Thrifty do not allow their vehicles to be driven into Eastern European countries? I was planning on renting a car in Venice and driving to Ljubljana, but it seems that it is either not allowed or heavily extra-charged by car companies.
I would appreciate your advice.
Car Rental - Driving into Eastern Europe not permitted
- 1 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 2 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 3 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 4 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 5 ATMs in Prague, Vienna for Bank of America?
- 6 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 7 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 8 Best area for wine and which one?
- 9 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 10 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 11 Apartment in Seville
- 12 Venice - Verona - Padova - Vienna Trip Report
- 13 Spain and Portugal Itinerary 2 Week Vacation Help
- 14 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 15 January 29 - March 27, 2014
- 16 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 17 Ovington Square Flat
- 18 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 19 Istanbul Logistics Help
- 20 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 21 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 22 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 23 jungfraujoch mid june
- 24 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 25 Hotels in Sorrento