Can anyone explain to me why some car rental companies like Thrifty do not allow their vehicles to be driven into Eastern European countries? I was planning on renting a car in Venice and driving to Ljubljana, but it seems that it is either not allowed or heavily extra-charged by car companies.
I would appreciate your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 3 France to stop making foie grois
- 4 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 5 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 6 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 7 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 8 How big backpack do I need?
- 9 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 10 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 11 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 12 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 13 Path of the Gods Question
- 14 Loire Valley 12 days
- 15 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 16 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 17 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 20 Greece Itinerary
- 21 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 22 Prague on a budget...
- 23 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 24 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 25 One week travelling from Spain to Paris