My husband, two teenage daughters and I are flying into Venice, staying for 2-3 days, traveling to Como, staying for 2-3 days and then traveling to the Grindelwald/Jungfrajoch area of Switzerland, staying for 4 days and then flying out of Zurich. I am torn between taking a car or the train. I would like to take the train for the experiences that go along with it but wonder if a car would be more convenient with the luggage. I am open to taking each for certain parts of the trip. Do you have any advice or recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 2 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 9 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 10 Rome or Venice first
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 13 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 14 Last two nights of SW England trip
- 15 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 16 3 day trip to iceland
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Alitala
- 19 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 20 Copenhagen/Hamburg Trip Report September 2017
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 celticmoon, a quick question
- 24 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 25 B&B in Ireland