We have the opportunity to do a great trip next summer. We have French friends in Paris to stay with, and U.S. friends who are renting in Tuscany to stay with. I'm hoping to hear from people who have done either a road trip or train travel, both leisurely, from Paris to Tuscany. Why do you advocate car or train if you have a preference? We have been to Tuscany before and found a car very valuable, so even if we did do rail travel most of the rest of the way, we might rent a car there. We have about 17 or 18 days to devote to this odyssey, and want to spend at least 2 nights in Paris, 5 in Tuscany and 2 in Rome for our flight out. We'd like a lot of opinions on this. Also input on places to stay on the way and how long. We enjoy small to mid-size towns and would like to spend some time in Provence for sure. And we are traveling with a teenage son. Thanks, all.
Car or train from Paris to Tuscany?
- 1 Ovington Square Flat
- 2 Hotels in Sorrento
- 3 Istanbul Logistics Help
- 4 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 5 Southeast England - more planning ?
- 6 private tour from cruise port in Naples
- 7 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 8 Apartment Rental Website for Scotland?
- 9 jungfraujoch mid june
- 10 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 11 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 12 Help! Creating a Budget for my DS Graduation Trip to Europe
- 13 Croatia Question: Korcula or Lastovo?
- 14 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 15 Two weeks in Paris, Provence, and the French Riviera
- 16 May 24, 2013. How to avoid lines in Paris, and other observations
- 17 Northern Italy second week of June 2013
- 18 day trips from Stuttgart
- 19 January 29 - March 27, 2014
- 20 Alsace question. Itterswiller or Riquewihr, where to stay?
- 21 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 22 Dolomites Drives
- 23 RHK's heading to Europe
- 24 Where to travel to after Croatia????
- 25 Germany with 6 month old.