We have the opportunity to do a great trip next summer. We have French friends in Paris to stay with, and U.S. friends who are renting in Tuscany to stay with. I'm hoping to hear from people who have done either a road trip or train travel, both leisurely, from Paris to Tuscany. Why do you advocate car or train if you have a preference? We have been to Tuscany before and found a car very valuable, so even if we did do rail travel most of the rest of the way, we might rent a car there. We have about 17 or 18 days to devote to this odyssey, and want to spend at least 2 nights in Paris, 5 in Tuscany and 2 in Rome for our flight out. We'd like a lot of opinions on this. Also input on places to stay on the way and how long. We enjoy small to mid-size towns and would like to spend some time in Provence for sure. And we are traveling with a teenage son. Thanks, all.
Car or train from Paris to Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London sites - skipping the queue?
- 2 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 3 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 4 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 5 Edinburgh - outings?
- 6 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 7 What to wear
- 8 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 9 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 10 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 11 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 12 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 13 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 14 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 15 7 Nights in Paris
- 16 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 17 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 18 Istanbul Itinerary
- 19 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 20 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 21 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 22 Matisse at Tate
- 23 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 24 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 25 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?