We have the opportunity to do a great trip next summer. We have French friends in Paris to stay with, and U.S. friends who are renting in Tuscany to stay with. I'm hoping to hear from people who have done either a road trip or train travel, both leisurely, from Paris to Tuscany. Why do you advocate car or train if you have a preference? We have been to Tuscany before and found a car very valuable, so even if we did do rail travel most of the rest of the way, we might rent a car there. We have about 17 or 18 days to devote to this odyssey, and want to spend at least 2 nights in Paris, 5 in Tuscany and 2 in Rome for our flight out. We'd like a lot of opinions on this. Also input on places to stay on the way and how long. We enjoy small to mid-size towns and would like to spend some time in Provence for sure. And we are traveling with a teenage son. Thanks, all.
Car or train from Paris to Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 2 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 5 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 6 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 7 London visit
- 8 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 9 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 10 21 Days in Central Europe
- 11 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 12 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 13 My itinerary for Greece
- 14 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 15 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 16 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 17 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 18 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 19 London 2nd time around
- 20 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 21 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 22 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 23 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 24 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 25 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore