We have the opportunity to do a great trip next summer. We have French friends in Paris to stay with, and U.S. friends who are renting in Tuscany to stay with. I'm hoping to hear from people who have done either a road trip or train travel, both leisurely, from Paris to Tuscany. Why do you advocate car or train if you have a preference? We have been to Tuscany before and found a car very valuable, so even if we did do rail travel most of the rest of the way, we might rent a car there. We have about 17 or 18 days to devote to this odyssey, and want to spend at least 2 nights in Paris, 5 in Tuscany and 2 in Rome for our flight out. We'd like a lot of opinions on this. Also input on places to stay on the way and how long. We enjoy small to mid-size towns and would like to spend some time in Provence for sure. And we are traveling with a teenage son. Thanks, all.
Car or train from Paris to Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 2 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 3 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 4 Seaside island village in Greece
- 5 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 6 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 7 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 10 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 11 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 12 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 13 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 14 Spain itineraries
- 15 Itinerary Help!
- 16 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 17 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 18 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 19 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 22 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 23 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 24 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 25 Ireland with a Northern Twist