Thanks for the good advice on here and response to my questions. I've booked all our accommodation - yippee! Now I'm looking at the best options for car hire for our last 7 days. We are leaving Rome 3 July, booked into accommodation on Lake Garda for 7 days until 10 July, then fly out of Milan 10:30 pm that night. The nearest train station to our accommodation is Desenzano.
Would the best thing be to pick up a car at somewhere like Orvieto, and drive to Lake Garda, then return the car maybe to Verona and get the train to Milan Centrale? Or train Rome to Milan, train to Lake Garda/Verona and pick up/return car there? I've suggested Verona as an option because lots of car hire places seem to have offices there, but would look at whatever people recommend.
There will be five of us and when I look at the Trenitalia websites the train tickets out of Rome to that area seem very expensive. We are paying for a car for a week anyway, but I know fuel is expensive so would it work out much the same. On Trenitalia Rome - Verona trips are coming up around 95 euros each per adult.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 월드카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼카지노―카지노사이트
- 2 내국인카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인카지노추천◁온라인바카라추천
- 3 Cell Phone Question
- 4 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 5 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 6 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 7 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 8 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 9 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 10 Campervan in Croatia
- 11 advance tickets?
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 14 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 15 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 18 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 21 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 24 Greek Islands (small)
- 25 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?