My boyfriend and I are planning a road trip around France, Spain and Italy over 4 weeks in July 2016. We are both very experienced drivers in our forties, so car hire shouldn't be an issue. On the other hand, we have never hired a car in Europe before, so we need your advice please on how to go about it and the pitfalls we may encounter. Ideas for the best car hire companies would be appreciated, also.
Our plan is to fly in and out of Paris, so pick-up and drop-off will be at the same location. If you have better ideas about which city to hire from please let us know, as we can start and end our trip in any major city. We are still in the process of finalizing our itinerary, but we will be crossing borders several times for sure. Do car hire companies have rules and restrictions about this, for example?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 4 Globus Iberian Tour
- 5 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 6 Poland to Austria In December
- 7 road trip through scotland
- 8 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 9 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 10 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 11 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 12 Thinking about the Fjords
- 13 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 14 Where to eat in Rome?
- 15 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 16 Alsace to Austria?
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 base for Andalucia
- 19 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 20 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 21 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 22 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 25 barcelona neighborhood