My boyfriend and I are planning a road trip around France, Spain and Italy over 4 weeks in July 2016. We are both very experienced drivers in our forties, so car hire shouldn't be an issue. On the other hand, we have never hired a car in Europe before, so we need your advice please on how to go about it and the pitfalls we may encounter. Ideas for the best car hire companies would be appreciated, also.
Our plan is to fly in and out of Paris, so pick-up and drop-off will be at the same location. If you have better ideas about which city to hire from please let us know, as we can start and end our trip in any major city. We are still in the process of finalizing our itinerary, but we will be crossing borders several times for sure. Do car hire companies have rules and restrictions about this, for example?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 2 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 3 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 4 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 7 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 8 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 11 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 12 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 13 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 14 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 15 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 16 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 17 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 18 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 19 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 20 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 21 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 22 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 23 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 24 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?