My boyfriend and I are planning a road trip around France, Spain and Italy over 4 weeks in July 2016. We are both very experienced drivers in our forties, so car hire shouldn't be an issue. On the other hand, we have never hired a car in Europe before, so we need your advice please on how to go about it and the pitfalls we may encounter. Ideas for the best car hire companies would be appreciated, also.
Our plan is to fly in and out of Paris, so pick-up and drop-off will be at the same location. If you have better ideas about which city to hire from please let us know, as we can start and end our trip in any major city. We are still in the process of finalizing our itinerary, but we will be crossing borders several times for sure. Do car hire companies have rules and restrictions about this, for example?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 2 U>S>CANADA: Tec*h SUPP0RT HP WIRLESS CONTACT 1:8SS:999:8045 HP printer*24*7
- 3 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 4 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 5 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 6 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 7 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 10 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 11 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 12 First visit to London
- 13 Naples + Walking Tour
- 14 TIM in FCO - update
- 15 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 19 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 20 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 21 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 22 Venice gondola ride
- 23 Paris and Normandy
- 24 2-3 week Europe itinerary - help!
- 25 Europe in 2 weeks on budget