We are leaving Avignon to head to Barcelona by train on 1 October.
I am looking for advice on where is best to ditch the hire car and pick up a train.
By my calculations we can get a train from Avignon which with changes in Narbonne and Figueres will get us to Barcelona in 6 hours.
Alternatively we could drive to Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan, spending less time on the train but more on the road. This will be back-tracking a route we will have covered earlier in the trip.
I'm leaning towards the Avignon drop off and relaxing on the train, although my two children may not be so keen!
Any thoughts on the least stressful place to return a hire car, and the nicest section to travel by train?
(You must all get so tired of answering variations on the same question but believe me, it is SO helpful!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dell@ printer ErrOrs CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 2 Iceland france spain
- 3 Ex-pats with young kids
- 4 Maximizing Norway time
- 5 Greece
- 6 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 7 southeast sicily town as home base
- 8 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 9 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 12 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 13 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 14 London with Teens Trip Report
- 15 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 16 Top Tapas Tascas
- 17 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 20 Iceland car rental agencies
- 21 Ludwig Castles
- 22 Best Viking Sites
- 23 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 24 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
Car hire drop off: Avignon, Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan?