We are leaving Avignon to head to Barcelona by train on 1 October.
I am looking for advice on where is best to ditch the hire car and pick up a train.
By my calculations we can get a train from Avignon which with changes in Narbonne and Figueres will get us to Barcelona in 6 hours.
Alternatively we could drive to Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan, spending less time on the train but more on the road. This will be back-tracking a route we will have covered earlier in the trip.
I'm leaning towards the Avignon drop off and relaxing on the train, although my two children may not be so keen!
Any thoughts on the least stressful place to return a hire car, and the nicest section to travel by train?
(You must all get so tired of answering variations on the same question but believe me, it is SO helpful!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 2 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 3 Need help with my itinerary
- 4 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 9 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 10 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 11 Killarney
- 12 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 13 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 14 12-14 nights enough ?
- 15 5 days northern spain, help us !
- 16 Salon de l’Agriculture in Paris: foods, cows, orchid and Swissman
- 17 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 18 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 19 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 20 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 21 Prague and Budapest
- 22 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 23 Berlin, Germany
- 24 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 25 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
Car hire drop off: Avignon, Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan?