We are leaving Avignon to head to Barcelona by train on 1 October.
I am looking for advice on where is best to ditch the hire car and pick up a train.
By my calculations we can get a train from Avignon which with changes in Narbonne and Figueres will get us to Barcelona in 6 hours.
Alternatively we could drive to Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan, spending less time on the train but more on the road. This will be back-tracking a route we will have covered earlier in the trip.
I'm leaning towards the Avignon drop off and relaxing on the train, although my two children may not be so keen!
Any thoughts on the least stressful place to return a hire car, and the nicest section to travel by train?
(You must all get so tired of answering variations on the same question but believe me, it is SO helpful!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 8 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 9 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 10 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 11 Castle Stays in Wales
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Can parking
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 23 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 24 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
Car hire drop off: Avignon, Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan?