We are leaving Avignon to head to Barcelona by train on 1 October.
I am looking for advice on where is best to ditch the hire car and pick up a train.
By my calculations we can get a train from Avignon which with changes in Narbonne and Figueres will get us to Barcelona in 6 hours.
Alternatively we could drive to Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan, spending less time on the train but more on the road. This will be back-tracking a route we will have covered earlier in the trip.
I'm leaning towards the Avignon drop off and relaxing on the train, although my two children may not be so keen!
Any thoughts on the least stressful place to return a hire car, and the nicest section to travel by train?
(You must all get so tired of answering variations on the same question but believe me, it is SO helpful!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 driving from prague to salzburg
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 Acropolis Athens
- 5 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 8 Versailles
- 9 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 10 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Meteora for older folk
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 19 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 20 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 21 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 22 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
Car hire drop off: Avignon, Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan?