We are planning our first vacation in Europe starting either early March or early April 2016.
We’re looking to spend around 40 days. We’ll take a flight into Paris and then, rent a car. The countries that we’re planning to visit are:
- Spain (just Barcelona and/or Madrid may be sufficient)
- Austria (just Vienna may be sufficient)
- Netherlands (just Amsterdam may be sufficient)
- Belgium (just Brussels and/or Antwerp may be sufficient)
Information about us:
- We’re a married couple in our forties
- We both like traveling and seeing new places
- We enjoy photography of natural landscape, cityscape, wildlife etc.
We need your help with planning an itinerary to cover the above countries.
We also want to take the scenic train ride in Switzerland.
If possible, can you please also recommend any hotels for each place of stay? We’re not fussed about luxurious hotels - just clean and comfortable ones. No AirBnB
In addition to the above, we would like to spend another 10 days touring the Scandinavian countries. Could you please provide any recommendations? Our initial thinking is not to drive because of the distances.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WIRELESS CANON set-up CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT b*G
- 2 Naples + Walking Tour
- 3 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 4 16 days in France and Italy
- 5 Paris for children
- 6 Madrid food advice needed
- 7 Best areas of Porto to stay
- 8 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 9 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 10 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 11 Couscous
- 12 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 13 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 14 Visiting Plitvice - base location/lodging
- 15 IWM
- 16 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 17 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 18 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 19 One July night in Verona - help!
- 20 Avoid Europcar!
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 24 Scotland - We're Here!
- 25 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please