We are planning our first vacation in Europe starting either early March or early April 2016.
We’re looking to spend around 40 days. We’ll take a flight into Paris and then, rent a car. The countries that we’re planning to visit are:
- Spain (just Barcelona and/or Madrid may be sufficient)
- Austria (just Vienna may be sufficient)
- Netherlands (just Amsterdam may be sufficient)
- Belgium (just Brussels and/or Antwerp may be sufficient)
Information about us:
- We’re a married couple in our forties
- We both like traveling and seeing new places
- We enjoy photography of natural landscape, cityscape, wildlife etc.
We need your help with planning an itinerary to cover the above countries.
We also want to take the scenic train ride in Switzerland.
If possible, can you please also recommend any hotels for each place of stay? We’re not fussed about luxurious hotels - just clean and comfortable ones. No AirBnB
In addition to the above, we would like to spend another 10 days touring the Scandinavian countries. Could you please provide any recommendations? Our initial thinking is not to drive because of the distances.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 4 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 5 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 6 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 7 Germany in December Trip Report
- 8 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 9 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 10 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 11 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 14 Planning a European Trip
- 15 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 16 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 17 Italy for Christmas Week
- 18 train or plane
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 24 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 25 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments