We are planning our first vacation in Europe starting either early March or early April 2016.
We’re looking to spend around 40 days. We’ll take a flight into Paris and then, rent a car. The countries that we’re planning to visit are:
- Spain (just Barcelona and/or Madrid may be sufficient)
- Austria (just Vienna may be sufficient)
- Netherlands (just Amsterdam may be sufficient)
- Belgium (just Brussels and/or Antwerp may be sufficient)
Information about us:
- We’re a married couple in our forties
- We both like traveling and seeing new places
- We enjoy photography of natural landscape, cityscape, wildlife etc.
We need your help with planning an itinerary to cover the above countries.
We also want to take the scenic train ride in Switzerland.
If possible, can you please also recommend any hotels for each place of stay? We’re not fussed about luxurious hotels - just clean and comfortable ones. No AirBnB
In addition to the above, we would like to spend another 10 days touring the Scandinavian countries. Could you please provide any recommendations? Our initial thinking is not to drive because of the distances.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 2 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 3 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 5 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 6 Visiting Zurich
- 7 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 8 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 9 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 10 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 11 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 12 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 13 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 14 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 15 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 16 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 17 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 18 Appenzell in December?
- 19 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 20 Iceland in January/February
- 21 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 24 WWI Battlefields
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris