We have used this site in planning our past trips and have had lots of success from the many comments and suggestions posted. Many thanks. My companion and I are in our mid 50’s and once again are going to Italy. We would prefer not to rent a car and rely on the public transportation. When touring we enjoy the museums, churches, ancient sites and ruins and shopping and eating where the locals go.
We will be traveling from September 29 through October 12.
Starting in Naples on the 29th – for 3 to 4 nights
Onward to Positano-for 3 to 4 nights
Capri possibly- 1 to 2 nights
Lastly onto Rome – for 4 nights to 5 nights
We have been to both Naples and Rome before, so our focus is more on the Amalfi coast area where we are looking for advice. Our hotels are booked with some flexibility on our dates.
While in Positano we are considering seeing Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi, Paestum, Ravello, Salerno and Herculaneum. Our approach is to enjoy the sites and allow as much time as possible while making the most out of our time.
1st question: Should we spend a night or two in Capri? Our concern here is what to do with our luggage for the duration, because we like to take an overnight bag instead. Would the hotel we are staying at store it for one night or are there storage facilities in Positano? Does it make sense to go to Capri from Positano or Naples? If Naples; is there a luggage storage facility?
2nd question: Places to visit logistically from one town to another. We would like to make the most of our time and are looking for suggestions as to grouping places to see while out on a day’s excursion.
3rd question: What is the transportation connections like from Positano this time of the year? What should we expect from the bus lines and boat schedules?
4th question: Any other suggestions and comments are most welcome?
CAPRI & THE AMALFI COAST ADVICE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 2 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 3 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 4 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 5 Eleanor's Pages
- 6 3 weeks in Sicily
- 7 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 8 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 9 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 10 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 11 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 12 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 13 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 14 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 15 Trains in Europe
- 16 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 17 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 18 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 22 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 23 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 24 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)