We have used this site in planning our past trips and have had lots of success from the many comments and suggestions posted. Many thanks. My companion and I are in our mid 50’s and once again are going to Italy. We would prefer not to rent a car and rely on the public transportation. When touring we enjoy the museums, churches, ancient sites and ruins and shopping and eating where the locals go.
We will be traveling from September 29 through October 12.
Starting in Naples on the 29th – for 3 to 4 nights
Onward to Positano-for 3 to 4 nights
Capri possibly- 1 to 2 nights
Lastly onto Rome – for 4 nights to 5 nights
We have been to both Naples and Rome before, so our focus is more on the Amalfi coast area where we are looking for advice. Our hotels are booked with some flexibility on our dates.
While in Positano we are considering seeing Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi, Paestum, Ravello, Salerno and Herculaneum. Our approach is to enjoy the sites and allow as much time as possible while making the most out of our time.
1st question: Should we spend a night or two in Capri? Our concern here is what to do with our luggage for the duration, because we like to take an overnight bag instead. Would the hotel we are staying at store it for one night or are there storage facilities in Positano? Does it make sense to go to Capri from Positano or Naples? If Naples; is there a luggage storage facility?
2nd question: Places to visit logistically from one town to another. We would like to make the most of our time and are looking for suggestions as to grouping places to see while out on a day’s excursion.
3rd question: What is the transportation connections like from Positano this time of the year? What should we expect from the bus lines and boat schedules?
4th question: Any other suggestions and comments are most welcome?
CAPRI & THE AMALFI COAST ADVICE
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rentals in Athens
- 2 One night for dinner in Rome
- 3 Help with Greece Itinerary for Honeymoon!
- 4 Berlin Itinerary
- 5 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 6 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 7 An Apartment in Montmartre (for a month)
- 8 Seeking Suggestions for 4 day itinerary (flying out of Lyon)
- 9 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 10 SARDINIA - Cagliari to Alghero (via 3 nights in Cala Gonone or Oristano?)
- 11 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 12 DCC on the increase?
- 13 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 14 Rome 2015- A Spring Break Adventure!
- 15 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 16 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 17 Croatia hotel and itinerary help (8 days, 7 nights in Sep)
- 18 Good car rental with http://www.budget-athens.gr
- 19 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 20 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 21 Help with driving suggestions in Delphi.
- 22 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 23 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 24 Planning a week in London
- 25 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...