We have used this site in planning our past trips and have had lots of success from the many comments and suggestions posted. Many thanks. My companion and I are in our mid 50’s and once again are going to Italy. We would prefer not to rent a car and rely on the public transportation. When touring we enjoy the museums, churches, ancient sites and ruins and shopping and eating where the locals go.
We will be traveling from September 29 through October 12.
Starting in Naples on the 29th – for 3 to 4 nights
Onward to Positano-for 3 to 4 nights
Capri possibly- 1 to 2 nights
Lastly onto Rome – for 4 nights to 5 nights
We have been to both Naples and Rome before, so our focus is more on the Amalfi coast area where we are looking for advice. Our hotels are booked with some flexibility on our dates.
While in Positano we are considering seeing Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi, Paestum, Ravello, Salerno and Herculaneum. Our approach is to enjoy the sites and allow as much time as possible while making the most out of our time.
1st question: Should we spend a night or two in Capri? Our concern here is what to do with our luggage for the duration, because we like to take an overnight bag instead. Would the hotel we are staying at store it for one night or are there storage facilities in Positano? Does it make sense to go to Capri from Positano or Naples? If Naples; is there a luggage storage facility?
2nd question: Places to visit logistically from one town to another. We would like to make the most of our time and are looking for suggestions as to grouping places to see while out on a day’s excursion.
3rd question: What is the transportation connections like from Positano this time of the year? What should we expect from the bus lines and boat schedules?
4th question: Any other suggestions and comments are most welcome?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malta - 4 days before Cristmas
- 2 First Trip to Europe!
- 3 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 4 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 5 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 6 Paris Under Seige...
- 7 Rue des Rosiers
- 8 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 9 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 10 Scotland Trip
- 11 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 14 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 15 2 adults & 2 kids in a hotel room in Iceland?
- 16 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 visa appointment experience
- 19 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 20 Which Heathrow Airport Car Service Would You Use?
- 21 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 22 4 week trip Turkey
- 23 Holiday in Austria
- 24 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 25 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise