We have used this site in planning our past trips and have had lots of success from the many comments and suggestions posted. Many thanks. My companion and I are in our mid 50’s and once again are going to Italy. We would prefer not to rent a car and rely on the public transportation. When touring we enjoy the museums, churches, ancient sites and ruins and shopping and eating where the locals go.
We will be traveling from September 29 through October 12.
Starting in Naples on the 29th – for 3 to 4 nights
Onward to Positano-for 3 to 4 nights
Capri possibly- 1 to 2 nights
Lastly onto Rome – for 4 nights to 5 nights
We have been to both Naples and Rome before, so our focus is more on the Amalfi coast area where we are looking for advice. Our hotels are booked with some flexibility on our dates.
While in Positano we are considering seeing Capri, Sorrento, Amalfi, Paestum, Ravello, Salerno and Herculaneum. Our approach is to enjoy the sites and allow as much time as possible while making the most out of our time.
1st question: Should we spend a night or two in Capri? Our concern here is what to do with our luggage for the duration, because we like to take an overnight bag instead. Would the hotel we are staying at store it for one night or are there storage facilities in Positano? Does it make sense to go to Capri from Positano or Naples? If Naples; is there a luggage storage facility?
2nd question: Places to visit logistically from one town to another. We would like to make the most of our time and are looking for suggestions as to grouping places to see while out on a day’s excursion.
3rd question: What is the transportation connections like from Positano this time of the year? What should we expect from the bus lines and boat schedules?
4th question: Any other suggestions and comments are most welcome?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 2 "Never Mind"
- 3 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 4 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 7 2 Weeks In and out of Paris...Itinerary Help?
- 8 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 9 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 10 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 11 Our Itinerary for 25 Days in Portugal
- 12 Killarney
- 13 Cornwall Advice
- 14 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 15 Florence Travel Guide
- 16 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 17 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 18 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 19 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 20 Rome Advice?
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Via del Sale, Italy
- 25 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?