Good evening everyone
As usual I get home from a much anticipated trip, which was preceded by nonstop reading and daydreaming and questions here, there and everywhere… and then a few months go by and I still haven't gotten my act together on the report. I have been slowly getting through my many photos and if I don't start this report before I finish the photo sort, no doubt I will rack up another couple of trips and fall further behind.
So without much ado, here are highlights from my trip in May. I'll put a few photo links in this first post, but since the sorting isn't done the main photo links will come later.
Top ten photos from each destination - the top ten will change as I sort photos and update the photos in the below links, but for now, current state, my favorites:
Pompeii and Herculaneum:
Pathway of the Gods/Nocelle:
Here is my main question thread, started before my trip:
To quickly answer my own questions found in the above thread:
I stayed in Capri, not Anacapri. For a three night trip that seemed perfect because most of my walks were on that side of the island and I covered a lot of ground. Hiking is quite easy on the eastern side, you simply need a decent pair of shoes. I even walked to the Faraglioni in flip flops.
I missed the Blue Grotto this time and didn't lose sleep over it. What I did see was so beautiful it surely made up for it. Lunch amid the Faraglioni? What can top that?
I found a great local guide in Positano (more on Lucia later).
No car and I'm just as glad I didn't bother - parking would have been a drag and it's nice to sit back and let someone else drive you. The drivers knew where to stop for good photo opps, they hung out while you did your sightseeing, they even had good lunch recommendations (my Pompeii day). Not cheap - I spent somewhere around 900 bucks on drivers/tips but a car wouldn't have been much cheaper and I'd still have to park it. Plus you have to ride a SITA bus at least once on your visit - it's part of the fun!
My final night was in Naples, not Sorrento. Great location right on the water (Hotel Excelsior). It was a gorgeous day and I walked all over, including home from dinner after dark - from the Spanish Quarter. You always seem to hear "Naples" and "crime" in the same sentence but I felt perfectly safe.
My Ravello time was short - I had four hours with my driver to Ravello including getting there and back from Positano and I did OK with that. Longer is better but the day I chose had a lot of cloud cover so I didn't get those stunning views anyway.
To be continued (yes! there's more!)...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 롤렛 ◐ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 성인신천지 ▣ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 3 오션파라다이스릴게임 ▶ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 4 신천지예시 ▼ 접속 :≫tt349.com≪
- 5 credit and debit cards
- 6 신천지릴 ◐ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 7 MADRID - METRO WORKS LINE 8
- 8 오션파라다이스신천지 ▶ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 9 신천지불새 ● 연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 10 무료릴신천지 ※연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 11 온라인신천지 ◐ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 12 손오공릴게임 ≪접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 13 Driving (hire car) in London…
- 14 Positano Surprise
- 15 손오공게임 ≪접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 16 Munich,Prague, CK, Salzburg, Vienna
- 17 카지노베이주소■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라추천ケ바카라추천
- 18 고전게임손오공 ◐ 도메인 :≫tt349.com≪
- 19 하얏트카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계카지노ロ생중계카지노
- 20 바카라이기는방법■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카め온카
- 21 스포츠카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노사이트ォ카지노사이트
- 22 My Topic Title명품바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■라이브바카라ガ라이브바카라
- 23 바다이야기무료머니 ▶ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 24 온라인바카라추천■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라ぱ인터넷바카라
- 25 해외카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■라이브바카라メ라이브바카라
Capri, Positano, and Naples trip report, plus photos (May 2013)
Good evening everyone