My husband and I are traveling to Italy mid October and I need help deciding where to stay for two nights in Southern Italy before we head up to Tuscany. We'll be coming from Rome, but I can't decide whether we should stay in Capri or Ischia and just briefly explore the Amalfi coast (by taking the train from Rome to Salerno and then meandering down to Positano) before checking in that evening to our B&B or if we should stay on the mainland and just day-trip to Capri.
I am leaning toward Anacapri, but am concerned that we will have trouble getting back to the mainland and vice versa via ferry due to inclement weather in October.
I know everyone says "it depends on your interests" so here they are: new and beautiful sights, interesting things to explore, and quaint cafes and streets (so basically I can't go wrong, I know).
Will we feel "trapped" on Capri, or since we'll only be there for less than three days will we have so much to do and see?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim Card Options
- 2 Greek Islands (small)
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 38 Days in Paris
- 5 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Day trip ideas
- 9 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 10 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 11 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 12 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 13 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 14 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 15 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 16 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Things to do in Brussels
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?