My husband and I are traveling to Italy mid October and I need help deciding where to stay for two nights in Southern Italy before we head up to Tuscany. We'll be coming from Rome, but I can't decide whether we should stay in Capri or Ischia and just briefly explore the Amalfi coast (by taking the train from Rome to Salerno and then meandering down to Positano) before checking in that evening to our B&B or if we should stay on the mainland and just day-trip to Capri.
I am leaning toward Anacapri, but am concerned that we will have trouble getting back to the mainland and vice versa via ferry due to inclement weather in October.
I know everyone says "it depends on your interests" so here they are: new and beautiful sights, interesting things to explore, and quaint cafes and streets (so basically I can't go wrong, I know).
Will we feel "trapped" on Capri, or since we'll only be there for less than three days will we have so much to do and see?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 2 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 3 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 4 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 4 days each in London and Paris
- 7 Switzerland in September
- 8 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 9 A few more questions about Brittany
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 12 Positano or Sorrento?
- 13 Paris in November
- 14 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 17 London Theater
- 18 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 19 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 20 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 23 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 24 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 25 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map