My husband and I are traveling to Italy mid October and I need help deciding where to stay for two nights in Southern Italy before we head up to Tuscany. We'll be coming from Rome, but I can't decide whether we should stay in Capri or Ischia and just briefly explore the Amalfi coast (by taking the train from Rome to Salerno and then meandering down to Positano) before checking in that evening to our B&B or if we should stay on the mainland and just day-trip to Capri.
I am leaning toward Anacapri, but am concerned that we will have trouble getting back to the mainland and vice versa via ferry due to inclement weather in October.
I know everyone says "it depends on your interests" so here they are: new and beautiful sights, interesting things to explore, and quaint cafes and streets (so basically I can't go wrong, I know).
Will we feel "trapped" on Capri, or since we'll only be there for less than three days will we have so much to do and see?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 2 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 A good book!!
- 9 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 CDG airport and connection time
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 14 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 15 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 16 Paris Metro
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 19 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 20 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 21 getting to CDG
- 22 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 23 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 24 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 25 Towersey, London