My husband and I are traveling to Italy mid October and I need help deciding where to stay for two nights in Southern Italy before we head up to Tuscany. We'll be coming from Rome, but I can't decide whether we should stay in Capri or Ischia and just briefly explore the Amalfi coast (by taking the train from Rome to Salerno and then meandering down to Positano) before checking in that evening to our B&B or if we should stay on the mainland and just day-trip to Capri.
I am leaning toward Anacapri, but am concerned that we will have trouble getting back to the mainland and vice versa via ferry due to inclement weather in October.
I know everyone says "it depends on your interests" so here they are: new and beautiful sights, interesting things to explore, and quaint cafes and streets (so basically I can't go wrong, I know).
Will we feel "trapped" on Capri, or since we'll only be there for less than three days will we have so much to do and see?
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland itinerary help please
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 4 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 5 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 9 Paris cooking classes
- 10 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 11 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 12 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 13 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 16 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 19 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 20 Ronda Wine/biking
- 21 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 22 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 23 Perugia
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 Booking through Loco2 Train