I have 3 days in Naples in Mid sept. I plan to utilise them as under :
Day 1: Leave Rome early, arrive Naples by 0830h. Drop luggage at hostel. Catch ferry for Capri Island at 1000h. (My hostel is walking distance from Beverello). Spend the remaining day at Capri Island and visit Blue Grotto too. Catch ferry back at 1900h.
Day 2: Early morning circumvesuvian train Naples-Sorrento. Hire a scooter/move by bus Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi and back. Catch return train at 1900h.
Day 3 : Early circumvesuvian to Pompeii Scavi. Visit Pompeii, if time permits Vesuvius. Head back to Naples. I have a flight in evening from Naples airport at 1915h.
I know my planning is ambitious with an aim to see it all.
- Is it feasible and worth it ?
- Hows the public transportation as my entire planning is based around it ??
Looking forward to practical tips from people who've been in the area.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verizon's Yahoo Gives Yahoo's Customer Service I*844*29I*67O6* Nmber
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 Lay over time
- 4 ATM at airport
- 5 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 6 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 7 Sundays in Puglia
- 8 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 11 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 12 Greek Islands (small)
- 13 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 14 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 15 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 16 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 17 K-Day
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Spain in December
- 20 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 23 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Provence best farmstays!!??