Good morning everyone
2013 was quite a good travel year for me. Italy three times, London for a long cultural weekend, NYC and the Hudson Valley for a week, and a number of trips to the beach in addition to visiting family. I am blessed and so grateful for these opportunities.
I will pick at this trip report in the coming weeks although I must finish both my Rome and Amalfi Coast reports (and haven't even started on London or NYC).
To summarize, I spent two nights in Florence and eight nights in Venice. The Venice portion was with amici old and new - many new, as a matter of fact. The weather was fantastic for this time of year for the most part (mid 50s and sunny, and almost 60 in Florence) other than a few days with some rain in Venice.
Here are three photos to start.
New Year's Eve in Venice:
Florence by night:
The Salute in B&W. I think this photo looks very 50s, especially given the guy with the jaunty hat and fur collar:
More to come... Auguri and Buon Anno!
Capodanno a Venezia - another trip report
Good morning everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 first family trip to Switzerland
- 2 Need help - Train from Marseille airport to Paris
- 3 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 4 Customs & Immigration Necessary at Frankfurt Germany Airport???
- 5 Itinerary update and request for help with side trip from Munich
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 8 Pisa or Siena?
- 9 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 10 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 11 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 12 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 13 Interested In Coach Passes
- 14 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 15 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 16 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 17 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 18 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 19 Germany with friends who have never been there
- 20 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 21 Avignon to London?
- 22 Amsterdam: Recommendations on places to visit and eat
- 23 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 24 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 25 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland