Good morning everyone
2013 was quite a good travel year for me. Italy three times, London for a long cultural weekend, NYC and the Hudson Valley for a week, and a number of trips to the beach in addition to visiting family. I am blessed and so grateful for these opportunities.
I will pick at this trip report in the coming weeks although I must finish both my Rome and Amalfi Coast reports (and haven't even started on London or NYC).
To summarize, I spent two nights in Florence and eight nights in Venice. The Venice portion was with amici old and new - many new, as a matter of fact. The weather was fantastic for this time of year for the most part (mid 50s and sunny, and almost 60 in Florence) other than a few days with some rain in Venice.
Here are three photos to start.
New Year's Eve in Venice:
Florence by night:
The Salute in B&W. I think this photo looks very 50s, especially given the guy with the jaunty hat and fur collar:
More to come... Auguri and Buon Anno!
Capodanno a Venezia - another trip report
Good morning everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 2 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 3 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 8 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 9 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 10 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 11 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 12 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 16 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 17 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 18 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 19 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 20 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 21 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 22 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 23 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 24 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 25 England's Ruined Abbeys