Good morning everyone
2013 was quite a good travel year for me. Italy three times, London for a long cultural weekend, NYC and the Hudson Valley for a week, and a number of trips to the beach in addition to visiting family. I am blessed and so grateful for these opportunities.
I will pick at this trip report in the coming weeks although I must finish both my Rome and Amalfi Coast reports (and haven't even started on London or NYC).
To summarize, I spent two nights in Florence and eight nights in Venice. The Venice portion was with amici old and new - many new, as a matter of fact. The weather was fantastic for this time of year for the most part (mid 50s and sunny, and almost 60 in Florence) other than a few days with some rain in Venice.
Here are three photos to start.
New Year's Eve in Venice:
Florence by night:
The Salute in B&W. I think this photo looks very 50s, especially given the guy with the jaunty hat and fur collar:
More to come... Auguri and Buon Anno!
Capodanno a Venezia - another trip report
Good morning everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small group for Colosseum
- 2 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 3 London visit
- 4 best time to book accommodation
- 5 Useful website for France
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 8 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 9 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 10 SIM card for eastern europe
- 11 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 12 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 13 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 14 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Monet in Normandy
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 19 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 20 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 23 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 24 No points in Paris .....
- 25 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!