Good morning everyone
2013 was quite a good travel year for me. Italy three times, London for a long cultural weekend, NYC and the Hudson Valley for a week, and a number of trips to the beach in addition to visiting family. I am blessed and so grateful for these opportunities.
I will pick at this trip report in the coming weeks although I must finish both my Rome and Amalfi Coast reports (and haven't even started on London or NYC).
To summarize, I spent two nights in Florence and eight nights in Venice. The Venice portion was with amici old and new - many new, as a matter of fact. The weather was fantastic for this time of year for the most part (mid 50s and sunny, and almost 60 in Florence) other than a few days with some rain in Venice.
Here are three photos to start.
New Year's Eve in Venice:
Florence by night:
The Salute in B&W. I think this photo looks very 50s, especially given the guy with the jaunty hat and fur collar:
More to come... Auguri and Buon Anno!
Capodanno a Venezia - another trip report
Good morning everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 2 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 5 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 6 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 7 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 8 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 9 Rovinj, Croatia
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Paris November 2014
- 12 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 13 Traveling in France by train
- 14 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 15 Unique Venice Activity
- 16 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 17 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 18 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 19 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 20 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 21 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 22 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 23 Greek ferries
- 24 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 25 Traveling to Eastern Europe