Good morning everyone
2013 was quite a good travel year for me. Italy three times, London for a long cultural weekend, NYC and the Hudson Valley for a week, and a number of trips to the beach in addition to visiting family. I am blessed and so grateful for these opportunities.
I will pick at this trip report in the coming weeks although I must finish both my Rome and Amalfi Coast reports (and haven't even started on London or NYC).
To summarize, I spent two nights in Florence and eight nights in Venice. The Venice portion was with amici old and new - many new, as a matter of fact. The weather was fantastic for this time of year for the most part (mid 50s and sunny, and almost 60 in Florence) other than a few days with some rain in Venice.
Here are three photos to start.
New Year's Eve in Venice:
Florence by night:
The Salute in B&W. I think this photo looks very 50s, especially given the guy with the jaunty hat and fur collar:
More to come... Auguri and Buon Anno!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Ideas for hiking in Europe
- 2 RHK's Fall escape
- 3 Loire Valley itinerary
- 4 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 5 Need help in travel planning
- 6 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 7 Provence and/or Sicily in June?
- 8 Flying into Dublin have 10 days to explore Europe
- 9 London: Battle of the badges
- 10 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 11 Europe Itinerary
- 12 Based in Reykjavik for 8 nights, but I want to see further out??
- 13 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 14 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 15 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 16 Germany train/bus question
- 17 Wengen vs Grindelwald
- 18 Paris lunch on the cheap / restos pas tres cher
- 19 Where in Tuscany to base ourselves for a week?
- 20 Driving in Austria, Switzerland and Italy - vignette and toll questions
- 21 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 22 Eastern Europe in Winter with Toddler
- 23 Buying tablecloth in Paris for wedding gift?
- 24 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 25 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
Capodanno a Venezia - another trip report
Good morning everyone