Good morning everyone
2013 was quite a good travel year for me. Italy three times, London for a long cultural weekend, NYC and the Hudson Valley for a week, and a number of trips to the beach in addition to visiting family. I am blessed and so grateful for these opportunities.
I will pick at this trip report in the coming weeks although I must finish both my Rome and Amalfi Coast reports (and haven't even started on London or NYC).
To summarize, I spent two nights in Florence and eight nights in Venice. The Venice portion was with amici old and new - many new, as a matter of fact. The weather was fantastic for this time of year for the most part (mid 50s and sunny, and almost 60 in Florence) other than a few days with some rain in Venice.
Here are three photos to start.
New Year's Eve in Venice:
Florence by night:
The Salute in B&W. I think this photo looks very 50s, especially given the guy with the jaunty hat and fur collar:
More to come... Auguri and Buon Anno!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 2 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 3 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 4 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 5 A few more questions about Brittany
- 6 Outstanding Bangalore Escorts Agency
- 7 Flight
- 8 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 9 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 13 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 14 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 15 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 16 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 17 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 18 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 19 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 20 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 21 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 22 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 23 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 24 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 25 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
Capodanno a Venezia - another trip report
Good morning everyone