I am trying to rethink my original itinerary plan. At first I had us staying in three bases--London, Canterbury (to tour Canterbury, Dover, and possibly Deal, Walmer and/or Broadstairs), and then somewhere else in Kent/Sussex either Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, or Tenterden.
Now I think maybe we should just stay in two bases--less moving around and do Canterbury as a day trip either by car from Tonbridge or by train from London. From either location it is about an hour drive or train ride away.
Then we can tour Dover from Tonbridge rather than from Canterbury even though it is a bit further to do that.
To tour the Cathedral, Canterbury Tales and the Canterbury museum--do you need a full day or just a half day? Can you combine that with Howlett's Wild Animal Park or is Port Lympne better which is further south to be done on a different day? The description of Port Lympne reminds me of the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Has anyone been to both to compare?
Does it make sense to just have two bases?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days