I am trying to rethink my original itinerary plan. At first I had us staying in three bases--London, Canterbury (to tour Canterbury, Dover, and possibly Deal, Walmer and/or Broadstairs), and then somewhere else in Kent/Sussex either Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, or Tenterden.
Now I think maybe we should just stay in two bases--less moving around and do Canterbury as a day trip either by car from Tonbridge or by train from London. From either location it is about an hour drive or train ride away.
Then we can tour Dover from Tonbridge rather than from Canterbury even though it is a bit further to do that.
To tour the Cathedral, Canterbury Tales and the Canterbury museum--do you need a full day or just a half day? Can you combine that with Howlett's Wild Animal Park or is Port Lympne better which is further south to be done on a different day? The description of Port Lympne reminds me of the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Has anyone been to both to compare?
Does it make sense to just have two bases?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris cooking classes
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Rouen Tour Companies
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 7 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 8 Ireland itinerary help please
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 11 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 16 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 17 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 18 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 19 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 20 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 21 Ronda Wine/biking
- 22 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 23 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 24 Perugia
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations