I am trying to rethink my original itinerary plan. At first I had us staying in three bases--London, Canterbury (to tour Canterbury, Dover, and possibly Deal, Walmer and/or Broadstairs), and then somewhere else in Kent/Sussex either Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, or Tenterden.
Now I think maybe we should just stay in two bases--less moving around and do Canterbury as a day trip either by car from Tonbridge or by train from London. From either location it is about an hour drive or train ride away.
Then we can tour Dover from Tonbridge rather than from Canterbury even though it is a bit further to do that.
To tour the Cathedral, Canterbury Tales and the Canterbury museum--do you need a full day or just a half day? Can you combine that with Howlett's Wild Animal Park or is Port Lympne better which is further south to be done on a different day? The description of Port Lympne reminds me of the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Has anyone been to both to compare?
Does it make sense to just have two bases?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 2 Vigo Spain????
- 3 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 6 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 7 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 8 Paris in August
- 9 SURPRISE TRIP
- 10 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Visiting Zurich
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 15 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 20 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 23 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 24 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 25 Help with Spain Itinerary