I am trying to rethink my original itinerary plan. At first I had us staying in three bases--London, Canterbury (to tour Canterbury, Dover, and possibly Deal, Walmer and/or Broadstairs), and then somewhere else in Kent/Sussex either Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, or Tenterden.
Now I think maybe we should just stay in two bases--less moving around and do Canterbury as a day trip either by car from Tonbridge or by train from London. From either location it is about an hour drive or train ride away.
Then we can tour Dover from Tonbridge rather than from Canterbury even though it is a bit further to do that.
To tour the Cathedral, Canterbury Tales and the Canterbury museum--do you need a full day or just a half day? Can you combine that with Howlett's Wild Animal Park or is Port Lympne better which is further south to be done on a different day? The description of Port Lympne reminds me of the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Has anyone been to both to compare?
Does it make sense to just have two bases?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 baklol: Tec*h SUPP0RT comcast mail CONTACT 1:8OO:540:6830 comcast
- 2 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 3 Tuscany Itinerary
- 4 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 5 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 6 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 9 Multi Country car Rental
- 10 London in Winter Report
- 11 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 12 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 13 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 14 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 15 Couscous
- 16 alcazar question and seville advice
- 17 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 18 London is it worth it?
- 19 Lisbon
- 20 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 21 driving from London to Lourdes
- 22 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 23 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Places to stop/stay?
- 25 Visit to Sardinia