I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy Cinque Terre
- 2 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 San Sebastián
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 7 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Can parking
- 11 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 17 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 18 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 20 Zurich to Milan trip
- 21 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 22 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 23 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 24 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice