I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 2 What to do in Lauterbrunnen with Toddler
- 3 Driving from Rome to Florence?
- 4 Beaches in Southern France
- 5 Rome Rental Car
- 6 cell phone companys
- 7 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 8 3 days with a Swindon base
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 11 Italy for the first time
- 12 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 13 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 14 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 15 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 16 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 17 italy itinerary
- 18 Marseille or Cassis for Day in Port?
- 19 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 20 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 21 Please suggest best itinerary
- 22 Skip the line passes for Venice, Florence, Rome
- 23 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 24 French lavender and cottages
- 25 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi