I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Days in Sud Tirol & Dolomites
- 2 Milano Linate to Milano Centrale Question
- 3 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 4 First Trip to Italy. Need Help on Accommodations in Tuscany
- 5 Amsterdam and beyond
- 6 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 7 Approx cost of taxi between Sorrento and Positano
- 8 An October day in the Luberon
- 9 May or September?
- 10 Italy, Spain and France
- 11 Should I buy Italy/France flight with Award Miles?!
- 12 Yay or Nay to these "front of the line" Vatican tours?
- 13 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 14 Tell me about the Dupleix Metro stop area of Paris
- 15 Valencia Oct 6-8 Swim in Sea?
- 16 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 17 Restaurant recommendations in Cascais Portugal
- 18 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 19 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 20 Montpellier - A few questions
- 21 My summer in Paris
- 22 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 23 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 24 November in Greece
- 25 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?