I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Can't decide on where to go in Switzerland!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 2 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 3 Italy and Croatia
- 4 Best beach town in Italy?
- 5 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 6 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 7 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 8 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 9 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 10 A Greek sojourn
- 11 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 12 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 13 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 14 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 15 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 16 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 17 Is Venice really dirty?
- 18 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 19 Weekend in Norfolk
- 20 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 21 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 22 Autumn in Paris
- 23 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 24 Burgundy in May
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!