I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Can't decide on where to go in Switzerland!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 5 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 6 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 7 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 11 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 12 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 13 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 15 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 16 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 17 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 18 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 19 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 20 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 21 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 24 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 25 I dream of Europe