I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 evening of song and dance
- 2 Walk across Europe: Warsaw - Gibraltar
- 3 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 4 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 5 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 6 Lake Lucerne Boat Travel
- 7 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 8 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 9 Naples or Genoa
- 10 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 11 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 12 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 13 Where to from Verona
- 14 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 15 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 16 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 17 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 18 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 19 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 20 Train passes
- 21 RENFE error message during payment
- 22 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 23 Munich-6 days in September
- 24 My First Trip to Europe...
- 25 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so