I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Can't decide on where to go in Switzerland!
- 1 Paris museums free admission
- 2 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 3 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 4 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 5 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 6 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 7 Am I too fat too travel?
- 8 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 9 Do and don't, eating in France
- 10 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 11 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 14 Escaping Crowds in la Costiera and Cilento...and a brief fling with Naples.
- 15 Italian train question
- 16 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 17 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 18 Best area to stay in Rome
- 19 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 20 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 21 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 22 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 23 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 24 Getting the best our of Europe
- 25 Rome apartment