I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in April
- 2 Paris GTG - October 21
- 3 pick pockets in Rome
- 4 Amsterdam Bruges London Paris - 11 nights?
- 5 Best places for Pinchos in Barcelona?
- 6 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 7 Scotland trip report
- 8 Rental apartment in Limassol Cyprus
- 9 Retiree health insurance gap coverage
- 10 Tour Guide recomendations
- 11 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 12 Belgium - Netherlands Itinerary - Need feedback
- 13 German train transfer times
- 14 Looking for a cooking class in Sorrento
- 15 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 16 Madrid in 2 Days
- 17 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 18 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 19 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 20 Lyon and ?
- 21 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 22 Seeing the Vatican in Rome
- 23 Croatia before a river cruise?
- 24 Transport around Europe
- 25 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do