I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Can't decide on where to go in Switzerland!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 2 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 3 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 4 Avignon to London?
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 7 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 8 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 9 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 10 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 11 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 14 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 17 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 20 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 23 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 24 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 25 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?