I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Can't decide on where to go in Switzerland!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 2 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 3 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 4 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 5 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 6 Rauma Train and the Atlantic Ocean Rd worth visiting?
- 7 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 8 Scotland and northern England
- 9 What's your suggestion ????
- 10 I Have 7 Days for a Portugal DIY
- 11 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 12 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 13 Renting an apt.
- 14 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 15 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 16 Help me with this trip
- 17 February end Europe travel with Kids
- 18 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 19 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 20 Michelin, Fodors, Rough Guide, or ???-What's your favorite travel guide?
- 21 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 22 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 23 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 24 Northern Italy Planner's Block -- Help!
- 25 Best london location to stay?