I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Can't decide on where to go in Switzerland!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 2 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 3 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 4 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 5 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 6 German Wings
- 7 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 8 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 9 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 10 Spain in 17 days
- 11 Sea side in Italy
- 12 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 13 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 14 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 15 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 16 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 17 Our first trip to Europe
- 18 Booking Engines You trust?
- 19 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 20 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 21 Using Obb website
- 22 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 23 Milan underground
- 24 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 25 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!