I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Can't decide on where to go in Switzerland!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aerofloat-safe or not?
- 2 4 week itinerary for German - France - Italy ...too much?
- 3 buying souviners and art
- 4 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 5 Norway in June with parents.
- 6 Baden Wurttembeg for 2 weeks or 1 week?
- 7 Luxury romantic hotel to stay in Sardinia?
- 8 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 9 Positano in high season???
- 10 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 11 Iceland trip...need some feedback please!
- 12 London Half-Term City Break
- 13 What do you think of this itinerary?
- 14 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 15 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 16 New Chip and Pin Card from American Airlines
- 17 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 18 Train tickets France and Spain
- 19 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 20 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 21 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 22 Travel services for Spain
- 23 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 24 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 25 Napoli logistics