I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Can't decide on where to go in Switzerland!
- 1 Vacation rental in Provence
- 2 Connection in Newark EWR
- 3 Trenitalia
- 4 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 5 Charles de Gaulle to Paris Bercy train station and Sim card
- 6 Getting a Water Taxi during Festa Del Redentore
- 7 What is the best food in France?
- 8 Bruges B&Bs
- 9 Daytrip from Waterford to Kilkenny
- 10 First Trip to Europe - 12 days for Amsterdam and Germany
- 11 Ferry from Spain to Morocco.
- 12 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 13 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 14 Beauty Products in France?!
- 15 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 16 portugal
- 17 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 18 Which tour company would be best?
- 19 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 20 I Need To Vent!
- 21 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 22 2 weeks in Copenhagen-Helsinki-Stockholm
- 23 Rome Airport to Amalfi Coast
- 24 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 25 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova