I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Desperate Help with Itinerary to Alsace/Alps/Provence
- 2 I need a practice room! (piano)
- 3 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 4 Umbria and Piedmont
- 5 5 day home base between Venice and Florence with Teenage boys?
- 6 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 7 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 8 Train/rental car questions Milan-Bolzano
- 9 Bootcut jeans
- 10 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 11 Car and Driver in Italy
- 12 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 13 Road tripping: Isle of Skye to London
- 14 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 15 3 Days in the Black Forest
- 16 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 17 Dijon: The Best/Most Memorable In Your Opinion
- 18 FIRST TIME VISIT TO SWITZERLAND
- 19 Car rental insurance woes
- 20 Possible itinerary - thoughts?
- 21 Where to spend how much time in Belgium
- 22 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 23 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 24 Help with Basque Country in Spain and France
- 25 Need help paring down my 3 week intinerary Benelux/Germany!