I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 2 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 3 Tipping culture in Croatia and the Balkans
- 4 Train from Alsace to Cochem
- 5 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 6 Gatwick to Paddington via Victoria/London Bridge
- 7 Paris-Best to visit end of October.. or during Christmas time?
- 8 May 2015 Rome/Florence Trip Report
- 9 Southern France suggestions
- 10 Advice needed for Greece/Italy trip
- 11 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 12 Late October Trip in France
- 13 Bus Tickets in Wurzburg
- 14 Traveling to Northern Italy
- 15 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 16 Italy, Spain and France
- 17 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 18 ALGARVE- MALAGA Spain road trip...help needed
- 19 Cycling in Denmark, land of burgers and bread
- 20 Spain and around that for 2 weeks
- 21 This is Why I Will Always Travel Solo From Now: Trip Report -Rome and Sorrento
- 22 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 23 Trip Report: Sailing in Croatia, with a Stop at Wimbledon
- 24 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 25 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe