I keep going around in circles! I make a decision on where to stay in Switzerland, and then change my mind!
We will have 5 nights, Monday-Saturday, in the first week of October 2013. It will be the start of our 4 week honeymoon and we are traveling from Australia so will be tired to start off with - looking at a pretty relaxed time.
We will be arriving into Zurich at 8am on the Monday morning, and need to be in Milan by mid-afternoon on the Saturday. We in our mid 20's, but not looking to party. We enjoy good food and wine, shopping (although I'm sure we can get our fix in Milan) and beautiful scenery. I don't imagine we will be back in Switzerland for a long time, if ever, so want to make the most of our short time, but don't want it to be full on - a bit of a contradiction, I know!
How would people suggest we spend our time if you were us? I have a few ideas and options, but I would love to hear what others think before I say. 5 star or equivalent accommodation is a must, which rules out some lovely little towns. We don't mind train travel but not have a special affection with it (eg. we aren't interested in one of the spectacular train rides, just want to use them as a means of getting around). We will be relying on public transport.
Thanks in advance for your assistance, I look forward to hearing your opinions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 2 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 3 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 4 French Prem Train Fares
- 5 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 6 Northern Spain
- 7 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 8 Shoppingin Spain
- 9 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 10 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 11 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 12 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 13 Dublin to Dingle?
- 14 London-Paris solo trip
- 15 To Hampton Court Palace
- 16 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 17 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 18 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 19 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 20 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 21 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 22 venice to lucca by car
- 23 Train or bus from Annecy to Cully Switzerland
- 24 Athens Hotels Plaka
- 25 Swallows and Amazons! (or a midweek break in the Lake District)