so i am trying to plan a 1 week trip this November 2012 with another family. all together we will have 4 adults and 4 kids (16, 10, 9 and 5 yo). need to figure out something really family friendly. i am leaning towards Lisbon, Portugal for not so cold and wet weather but the others want Amsterdam and Belgium or perhaps even Scotland or Ireland. we will be packing light, thinking public transportation instead of a van rental. may family has been to Belgium and Netherlands a few times since we were stationed in Germany a couple of times. never been to Portugal or Scotland or Ireland. what would you all suggest??
Can't decide between Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland or Portugal
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 2 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 3 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 4 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 5 Cell phones in Ireland
- 6 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 7 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 8 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 9 Touring Dover Castle
- 10 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 11 Madrid and London
- 12 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 13 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 14 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 15 7 Nights in Paris
- 16 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 17 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 18 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 19 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 20 3 weeks in Europe
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 23 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 24 London - Site List Triage -
- 25 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)