We are a couple travelling from India to Spain for the first time on a 2-week trip in early June or late May. Heeding to so many experienced travelers' advice on not being too ambitious, we are looking at covering only three areas/cities in 2 weeks. The tentative plan is as below:
1) 5 nights in Madrid
2) 2 nights in Granada
3) 5 nights in Barcelona (excluding the overnight travel from Granada to Barcelona)
We wanted to touch Andalucia in the trip and Granada was chosen as Alhambra set against the Sierra Nevada sounded really tantalizing. However, over the past couple of days, reading several other posts, Seville seems to be a highly recommended stop as well. Am kind of lost between these two - Granada or Seville? I am sure many will say that 2 nights is not doing justice for Seville. I am open to cutting one night from Madrid or Barcelona to add to this. But need advice on choosing between Granada and Seville. Just to add, we are not art buffs and while architecture is something that we definitely enjoy, natural landscapes would attract us more.
I have few other questions regarding accommodation and inland travel as well, but will fire them once this conundrum is sorted Any advice (not just on the question but on the itinerary) will be highly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 2 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 3 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 4 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 5 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 6 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 7 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 8 PARIS: Mini Trip Report, Maxi Enjoyment!
- 9 Rental car in Menton
- 10 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 11 Italy
- 12 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 13 Canal du Midi
- 14 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 15 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 16 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 17 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 18 Barcelona and...
- 19 helping getting to and from Guarda
- 20 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 21 February in Florence
- 22 Praiana to Positano
- 23 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 24 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 25 Family vacation to europe