We are a couple travelling from India to Spain for the first time on a 2-week trip in early June or late May. Heeding to so many experienced travelers' advice on not being too ambitious, we are looking at covering only three areas/cities in 2 weeks. The tentative plan is as below:
1) 5 nights in Madrid
2) 2 nights in Granada
3) 5 nights in Barcelona (excluding the overnight travel from Granada to Barcelona)
We wanted to touch Andalucia in the trip and Granada was chosen as Alhambra set against the Sierra Nevada sounded really tantalizing. However, over the past couple of days, reading several other posts, Seville seems to be a highly recommended stop as well. Am kind of lost between these two - Granada or Seville? I am sure many will say that 2 nights is not doing justice for Seville. I am open to cutting one night from Madrid or Barcelona to add to this. But need advice on choosing between Granada and Seville. Just to add, we are not art buffs and while architecture is something that we definitely enjoy, natural landscapes would attract us more.
I have few other questions regarding accommodation and inland travel as well, but will fire them once this conundrum is sorted Any advice (not just on the question but on the itinerary) will be highly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 2 Italy/Greece with kids
- 3 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 4 Puglia or La Langhe
- 5 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 6 Do Not Rent from SIXT car rentals
- 7 Paris---baguette question???
- 8 Munich
- 9 English Countryside
- 10 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 11 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 12 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 13 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 14 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 15 Need help in travel planning
- 16 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 17 French immersion courses in France
- 18 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 19 Vienna or Budapest?
- 20 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 21 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 22 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 23 10 day Greek Island trip
- 24 Portugal itinerary help
- 25 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?