We had to wake up at 6 am because our TGV train from Paris to Cannes left at 7:46. We packed the night before so getting out in the morning was no big deal. The high speed train was nice. It had two floors and we had plenty of leg room. We caught a little bit of sleep and also some some beautiful scenary in Avignon and Toulon along the way. We also passed by Marsaille which did not look that pleasing to the eye. When we arrived in Cannes, Hotel Splendid was not too far from the train station. We had an awesome room that overlooked the sea and the yacht harbor and we had a terrace with two chairs and a table. Our room itself was very nice with built in closests and I loved the way it was decorated and the colors that they used. We then took a stroll on the famous Blvd. Croissette. The beaches and the sea were spectacular, however I do have to say that I did not find Cannes to be jaw dropping. I thought many of the modern buildings looked like they needed sprucing up and many of the buidlings still had that 80's feel to it. I bet that Cannes was the place to be in the 80's! Some of the people looked like they had been in the sun way too long with their bright red lipstick and leathery skin and their designer clothes from the 60's. I didn't get that upscale feeling even with all those designer storefronts lining the blvd. Perhaps I was judging Cannes too quickly?? We went and had lunch at Be De la Croisette which was beachside and we enjoyed the sea breeze and our club sandwhiches. We then laid out for a few hours at the beach. The water was freezing, but refreshing. We then went back to the hotel and rested for a bit and I wanted to go back and read some of my Fodors guidebook. I was determined to find a part of Cannes that had that charming French feel. After following some Fodorites suggesstions, we went to the old town part of Cannes of Suquet Hill and I found what I was looking for! So quaint, charming, cobblestone streets, and bourganvilla everywhere! Just gorgeous. I loved the winding narrow streets and we found an amazing spot uphill that was actually a church - Eglise Notre Dame. It actually had a medieval look to it and was a wonderful spot to take some pictures because we could see all of Cannes and the sea! This was the Cannes I was dreaming about. We came down the hill and stumbled across the most adorable little street called Rue St. Antoine, which triggered my memory because a Fodorite recommended it. Some of the restaurants smelled marvelous. I am hoping we can go back there for dinner. Unfortunately, I left my sunglasses on one of the ledges and now I have to go buy a pair of new ones. We headed back to the hotel to get some rest since it was a long traveling day. I forgot to mention we saw our first topless woman. Very European. Good night.....
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 오늘에주식시세 비상장주식가격 oninve.com
- 2 오늘증시 개별주식선물 oninve.com
- 3 오션파라다이스신천지 ◑주소:='kss998.com'
- 4 오늘주가시세 주식선물종목 oninve.com
- 5 아시안바카라【KBK99。COM】대만카지노체험づ태양성카지노사이트
- 6 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 7 아시안카지노【KBK99。COM】대만해외카지노주소づ안전한카지노사이트
- 8 인터넷신천지 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 9 아시아바카라【KBK99。COM】대박카지노이기는법づ비비카지노주소
- 10 아시아카지노【KBK99。COM】대박카지노주소づ월드카지노사이트
- 11 인터넷바카라【KBK99。COM】동남아바카라づ워커힐카지노체험
- 12 Best Scenic Route -Vienna to St Wolfgang
- 13 온라인카지노【KBK99。COM】다모아사이트づ크라운카지노체험
- 14 카지노사이트【KBK99。COM】폰타나카지노체험づ원정카지노주소
- 15 슈퍼카지노【KBK99。COM】플러스해외카지노주소づ로얄해외카지노주소
- 16 아시아카지노【KBK99。COM】필리핀원정도박づ썬시티카지노주소
- 17 바다이야기릴 ▶홈-피:“kss998.com“◀
- 18 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 19 인터넷카지노【KBK99。COM】필리핀카지노주소투어づ라마다해외카지노주소
- 20 인터넷신천지 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 21 코리아카지노【KBK99。COM】필리핀카지노호텔づ에이플러스해외카지노주소
- 22 온라인바카라【KBK99。COM】하롱베이바카라づ오션해외카지노주소
- 23 카지노사이트【KBK99。COM】인터불고카지노체험づ정선카지노주소호텔
- 24 아시안바카라【KBK99。COM】인터불고호텔카지노づ소라해외카지노주소
- 25 무료릴신천지 ◑접속:='kss998.com'