Want to rent a canal boat in the UK for one week in September. Do not know where to start. Six women ages 50-80, never done this before, looking for scenery, good pubs, nice towns to stop in, a few locks and good weather. Want to take the boat one way. Not sure what canal route to take or company to rent from. Anyone had any experience with renting canal boats. Was it worth the money? Any suggestions on a good itinery and a dependable rental company?
Canal Boat in UK
View all Europe activity »
- 1 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 2 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 3 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 4 Euro Train
- 5 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 6 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 9 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 10 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 13 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 14 Trip around Spain
- 15 Trieste as a day trip?
- 16 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 19 Spain - Andalucia
- 20 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 21 One more last question on Bayeux
- 22 banger rally around europe?
- 23 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 24 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 25 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!