Want to rent a canal boat in the UK for one week in September. Do not know where to start. Six women ages 50-80, never done this before, looking for scenery, good pubs, nice towns to stop in, a few locks and good weather. Want to take the boat one way. Not sure what canal route to take or company to rent from. Anyone had any experience with renting canal boats. Was it worth the money? Any suggestions on a good itinery and a dependable rental company?
Canal Boat in UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for add on city
- 2 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 3 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 4 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 5 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 6 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 7 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)
- 8 Apartment Madrid location/review
- 9 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 10 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 11 walking guide in Paris
- 12 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 13 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 14 HM Car rental in Croatia...need feedback/advice
- 15 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 16 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 17 Trip to Pyrenees
- 18 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 21 Car rental Questions for Italy
- 22 Traveling to Russia and then onto Germany or Austria...Good idea?
- 23 Tour Company in Russia
- 24 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 25 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between