Want to rent a canal boat in the UK for one week in September. Do not know where to start. Six women ages 50-80, never done this before, looking for scenery, good pubs, nice towns to stop in, a few locks and good weather. Want to take the boat one way. Not sure what canal route to take or company to rent from. Anyone had any experience with renting canal boats. Was it worth the money? Any suggestions on a good itinery and a dependable rental company?
Canal Boat in UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 2 France in December 2014
- 3 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 4 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 5 Europe Itinerary
- 6 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 7 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto
- 8 Hey Fodor's
- 9 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 10 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 11 Jewelry
- 12 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 13 Olive Oil
- 14 We have no idea where to go!
- 15 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 16 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 17 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 18 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 19 Fantastic 3Days adventure trip in Kenya for only Usd 280 (for the 3days)
- 20 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 21 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 22 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 23 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 24 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 25 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival