I'm a Canadian student (permanent resident) going to Vienna, Austria this February for the spring/summer semester. I'm just readying all of the visa documents now and I had a few questions. I'm a little overwhelmed and need to send this within the next two days, so I sincerely appreciate anyone's help!
These questions are all based on the list of "Visa D" requirements as outlined here:
1) Regarding the required documents "+Valid and signed passport" and "original permanent residence card or long-term Canadian visa (except visitor visa) in passport+", do we need to supply the originals here or can they be photocopies of the passport etc? Second, what even is the "original permanent residence card"?! (sorry...)
2) Regarding +"visas of countries you intend to visit after your stay in Austria"+ - I would likely be travelling to Germany and other Schengen countries after my stay in Vienna, but not for another few months. I need to send in my visa now (I leave in under 3 weeks) so I don't have time to secure these visas, but they would all be Schengen countries anyway. Would it be okay to apply for my Schengen after? OR, could I apply for my Schengen visa simultaneously with this "Visa D"?
Lastly, I am sending these visas awfully late, I'm hoping to but may not receive the confirmation before my departure. As a canadian permanent resident will they still let me into the country without this visa? I'll be landing in Munich, Germany and transitting into Austria from there - would I need a visa to get around Germany too?
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chania
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 7 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 10 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 13 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 14 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 15 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 16 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 17 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 20 French language immersion schools in France
- 21 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
Canadian student going to Vienna, Austria on Exchange - Visa Questions