I'm a Canadian student (permanent resident) going to Vienna, Austria this February for the spring/summer semester. I'm just readying all of the visa documents now and I had a few questions. I'm a little overwhelmed and need to send this within the next two days, so I sincerely appreciate anyone's help!
These questions are all based on the list of "Visa D" requirements as outlined here:
1) Regarding the required documents "+Valid and signed passport" and "original permanent residence card or long-term Canadian visa (except visitor visa) in passport+", do we need to supply the originals here or can they be photocopies of the passport etc? Second, what even is the "original permanent residence card"?! (sorry...)
2) Regarding +"visas of countries you intend to visit after your stay in Austria"+ - I would likely be travelling to Germany and other Schengen countries after my stay in Vienna, but not for another few months. I need to send in my visa now (I leave in under 3 weeks) so I don't have time to secure these visas, but they would all be Schengen countries anyway. Would it be okay to apply for my Schengen after? OR, could I apply for my Schengen visa simultaneously with this "Visa D"?
Lastly, I am sending these visas awfully late, I'm hoping to but may not receive the confirmation before my departure. As a canadian permanent resident will they still let me into the country without this visa? I'll be landing in Munich, Germany and transitting into Austria from there - would I need a visa to get around Germany too?
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.drhelpnutrition.org/kerave-hair/
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Bremerhaven and environs
- 5 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 13 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 14 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 15 5 Days in Switzerland
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 18 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 19 International Flight Question
- 20 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 23 We're here!
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
Canadian student going to Vienna, Austria on Exchange - Visa Questions