I'm a Canadian student (permanent resident) going to Vienna, Austria this February for the spring/summer semester. I'm just readying all of the visa documents now and I had a few questions. I'm a little overwhelmed and need to send this within the next two days, so I sincerely appreciate anyone's help!
These questions are all based on the list of "Visa D" requirements as outlined here:
1) Regarding the required documents "+Valid and signed passport" and "original permanent residence card or long-term Canadian visa (except visitor visa) in passport+", do we need to supply the originals here or can they be photocopies of the passport etc? Second, what even is the "original permanent residence card"?! (sorry...)
2) Regarding +"visas of countries you intend to visit after your stay in Austria"+ - I would likely be travelling to Germany and other Schengen countries after my stay in Vienna, but not for another few months. I need to send in my visa now (I leave in under 3 weeks) so I don't have time to secure these visas, but they would all be Schengen countries anyway. Would it be okay to apply for my Schengen after? OR, could I apply for my Schengen visa simultaneously with this "Visa D"?
Lastly, I am sending these visas awfully late, I'm hoping to but may not receive the confirmation before my departure. As a canadian permanent resident will they still let me into the country without this visa? I'll be landing in Munich, Germany and transitting into Austria from there - would I need a visa to get around Germany too?
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KODAK PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT KODAK Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Bruges
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 9 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 10 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 11 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 12 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 15 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 16 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 19 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 22 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 23 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 24 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 25 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
Canadian student going to Vienna, Austria on Exchange - Visa Questions