I'm a Canadian student (permanent resident) going to Vienna, Austria this February for the spring/summer semester. I'm just readying all of the visa documents now and I had a few questions. I'm a little overwhelmed and need to send this within the next two days, so I sincerely appreciate anyone's help!
These questions are all based on the list of "Visa D" requirements as outlined here:
1) Regarding the required documents "+Valid and signed passport" and "original permanent residence card or long-term Canadian visa (except visitor visa) in passport+", do we need to supply the originals here or can they be photocopies of the passport etc? Second, what even is the "original permanent residence card"?! (sorry...)
2) Regarding +"visas of countries you intend to visit after your stay in Austria"+ - I would likely be travelling to Germany and other Schengen countries after my stay in Vienna, but not for another few months. I need to send in my visa now (I leave in under 3 weeks) so I don't have time to secure these visas, but they would all be Schengen countries anyway. Would it be okay to apply for my Schengen after? OR, could I apply for my Schengen visa simultaneously with this "Visa D"?
Lastly, I am sending these visas awfully late, I'm hoping to but may not receive the confirmation before my departure. As a canadian permanent resident will they still let me into the country without this visa? I'll be landing in Munich, Germany and transitting into Austria from there - would I need a visa to get around Germany too?
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 2 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 3 London Restaurants
- 4 Transportation Question Italy
- 5 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 6 Cinqueterre
- 7 Germany deregistration
- 8 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 9 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 10 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 11 One day in Lille, France
- 12 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 13 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 14 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 15 Corsica
- 16 CDG to Marais transfer
- 17 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 18 London best location
- 19 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 20 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 21 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 22 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Train tickets in Italy?
- 25 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
Canadian student going to Vienna, Austria on Exchange - Visa Questions