I'm a Canadian student (permanent resident) going to Vienna, Austria this February for the spring/summer semester. I'm just readying all of the visa documents now and I had a few questions. I'm a little overwhelmed and need to send this within the next two days, so I sincerely appreciate anyone's help!
These questions are all based on the list of "Visa D" requirements as outlined here:
1) Regarding the required documents "+Valid and signed passport" and "original permanent residence card or long-term Canadian visa (except visitor visa) in passport+", do we need to supply the originals here or can they be photocopies of the passport etc? Second, what even is the "original permanent residence card"?! (sorry...)
2) Regarding +"visas of countries you intend to visit after your stay in Austria"+ - I would likely be travelling to Germany and other Schengen countries after my stay in Vienna, but not for another few months. I need to send in my visa now (I leave in under 3 weeks) so I don't have time to secure these visas, but they would all be Schengen countries anyway. Would it be okay to apply for my Schengen after? OR, could I apply for my Schengen visa simultaneously with this "Visa D"?
Lastly, I am sending these visas awfully late, I'm hoping to but may not receive the confirmation before my departure. As a canadian permanent resident will they still let me into the country without this visa? I'll be landing in Munich, Germany and transitting into Austria from there - would I need a visa to get around Germany too?
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생방송카지노∮＼￣(ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ )￣＼∮【슈퍼카지노】
- 2 아시안카지노＼み＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 3 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 4 A few days outside Rome
- 5 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 6 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 CDG airport and connection time
- 11 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 12 Paris Metro
- 13 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 16 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 20 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 21 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 22 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 23 getting to CDG
- 24 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 25 Cambrils
Canadian student going to Vienna, Austria on Exchange - Visa Questions