My girlfriend and I are going to be going via RV (Motorhome with bathroom/bed/etc)on the ring road from May 26th (starting at 9AM) to June 1st (ending at 5:00PM).
We will start by the Keflavik Airport and want to go counter-clockwise, ending on our last day with a few hours in Reykjavik.
We want to split up the Golden Circle and do some on the beginning and some on the end of the trip. (For example we want to do things like Hverageroi and Kerio on the way out and things lie Gulfoss/Haukadulur/etc) on the way back)
We don't have much time so we'll be prioritizing what we see and how long we stay in each place.
Can anyone with experience give us advice on our route, particularity the fact that we're going in a counter clock wise direction and splitting up the Golden Circle? Any other random advice for me?
Thank you very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 2 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 3 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 4 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 5 Driving through Paris
- 6 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 7 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 8 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Barcelona alternative
- 14 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 15 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 16 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 17 Lisbon
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 21 Italy Car Scam
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 Road trip with our dog
- 24 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras