My husband and I will spend a week in Scotland at the end of October. We're flying in and out of Edinburgh and renting a car for a road trip. I'm having trouble pinning down destinations (I realize a week isn't nearly enough time to do this fascinating country justice) and would love your input. Here's what I'm thinking... (All our stays will be for one night only, except our initial two nights in Edinburgh, unless you have other ideas for me. )
We had originally planned on spending two nights on Skye instead of staying in Inverness and Oban, and then ending up in Grangemouth for our final night so that we're fairly close to the airport in Edinburgh.
Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotel in a village along the Rhine?
- 2 Planning a European Trip
- 3 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 4 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 5 Lisbon trip report
- 6 restaurants in Marais district
- 7 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 8 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 9 Any Lisbon or Porto trip reports?
- 10 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 11 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 12 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 13 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 14 Ireland travel passport question
- 15 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 Norway Itinerary
- 22 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 23 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 24 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 25 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini