Well, it seems that in order to make phone calls in Italy with your own phone, assuming it even works there, you must be financially on par with Warren Buffet. It'll cost you, maybe even more than the airfare. So for staying in touch with our family in the states we will use FaceTime on our iPad , but what about all those other conveniences that we are so spoiled with? Things like using the Internet to look up information or get maps or call for help in an emergency or get directions when we are hopelessly wandering the streets of Rome or Venice. Is there such a thing as an inexpensive phone you can buy once you get there? One that will fulfill those other needs ? One that has some kind of vacation plan that is only good for the 2 weeks we are there? Or maybe we just need to remember that people traveled for centuries without a cell phone and for the most part things worked out o.k. Is it a good idea to have a phone or really not necessary?
Can you hear me now? Cell phones in Italy.
- 1 Paris to Nice or to Cassis on september?
- 2 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 3 Best area to stay in Rome
- 4 Am I too fat too travel?
- 5 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 6 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 7 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 8 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 9 Trip Report: 10 day trip (with lots of pictures!)
- 10 Paris Ticket t+
- 11 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 12 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 13 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 14 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 15 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 16 river cruise choice
- 17 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 18 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 19 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 20 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 21 Train Passes
- 22 Rome apartment
- 23 First time going to Europe. Flying into Dublin...
- 24 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 25 Prague Hotels -Old Town