Well, it seems that in order to make phone calls in Italy with your own phone, assuming it even works there, you must be financially on par with Warren Buffet. It'll cost you, maybe even more than the airfare. So for staying in touch with our family in the states we will use FaceTime on our iPad , but what about all those other conveniences that we are so spoiled with? Things like using the Internet to look up information or get maps or call for help in an emergency or get directions when we are hopelessly wandering the streets of Rome or Venice. Is there such a thing as an inexpensive phone you can buy once you get there? One that will fulfill those other needs ? One that has some kind of vacation plan that is only good for the 2 weeks we are there? Or maybe we just need to remember that people traveled for centuries without a cell phone and for the most part things worked out o.k. Is it a good idea to have a phone or really not necessary?
Can you hear me now? Cell phones in Italy.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 2 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 3 Trip around Spain
- 4 Trieste as a day trip?
- 5 Euro Train
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 8 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 9 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 10 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 11 Spain - Andalucia
- 12 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 13 One more last question on Bayeux
- 14 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 15 banger rally around europe?
- 16 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 17 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 18 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 19 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 20 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 21 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 22 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 23 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 24 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 25 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions