Well, it seems that in order to make phone calls in Italy with your own phone, assuming it even works there, you must be financially on par with Warren Buffet. It'll cost you, maybe even more than the airfare. So for staying in touch with our family in the states we will use FaceTime on our iPad , but what about all those other conveniences that we are so spoiled with? Things like using the Internet to look up information or get maps or call for help in an emergency or get directions when we are hopelessly wandering the streets of Rome or Venice. Is there such a thing as an inexpensive phone you can buy once you get there? One that will fulfill those other needs ? One that has some kind of vacation plan that is only good for the 2 weeks we are there? Or maybe we just need to remember that people traveled for centuries without a cell phone and for the most part things worked out o.k. Is it a good idea to have a phone or really not necessary?
Can you hear me now? Cell phones in Italy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 4 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)