Well, it seems that in order to make phone calls in Italy with your own phone, assuming it even works there, you must be financially on par with Warren Buffet. It'll cost you, maybe even more than the airfare. So for staying in touch with our family in the states we will use FaceTime on our iPad , but what about all those other conveniences that we are so spoiled with? Things like using the Internet to look up information or get maps or call for help in an emergency or get directions when we are hopelessly wandering the streets of Rome or Venice. Is there such a thing as an inexpensive phone you can buy once you get there? One that will fulfill those other needs ? One that has some kind of vacation plan that is only good for the 2 weeks we are there? Or maybe we just need to remember that people traveled for centuries without a cell phone and for the most part things worked out o.k. Is it a good idea to have a phone or really not necessary?
Can you hear me now? Cell phones in Italy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St Michel
- 2 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 3 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 4 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 5 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?
- 8 Spain Questions
- 9 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 10 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 11 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 Dublin Hostels
- 14 Avignon to London?
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 17 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 18 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 19 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 20 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 21 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 22 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 23 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 24 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 25 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?