Well, it seems that in order to make phone calls in Italy with your own phone, assuming it even works there, you must be financially on par with Warren Buffet. It'll cost you, maybe even more than the airfare. So for staying in touch with our family in the states we will use FaceTime on our iPad , but what about all those other conveniences that we are so spoiled with? Things like using the Internet to look up information or get maps or call for help in an emergency or get directions when we are hopelessly wandering the streets of Rome or Venice. Is there such a thing as an inexpensive phone you can buy once you get there? One that will fulfill those other needs ? One that has some kind of vacation plan that is only good for the 2 weeks we are there? Or maybe we just need to remember that people traveled for centuries without a cell phone and for the most part things worked out o.k. Is it a good idea to have a phone or really not necessary?
Can you hear me now? Cell phones in Italy.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 4 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 5 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 6 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 7 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 8 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 9 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 10 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 11 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 12 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 13 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 14 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 15 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 18 London 2nd time around
- 19 Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia Herzegovina-Montenegro Itinerary Help
- 20 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 21 London visit
- 22 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 23 US citizen - Stay in France longer than 1 year - how?
- 24 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 25 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?