By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flight from Athens to Turkey
- 2 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 3 http://thebeautysystem.com/silqueskin-serum
- 4 Italy emergency numbers, which one
- 5 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 6 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 7 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 8 http://supplementskings.com/forever-bust/
- 9 Flamenco in Madrid
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 11 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 12 London - Home Depot
- 13 The Different Methods To Creating Attraction
- 14 This informative article brings out one distinctive
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 17 awesome website for cheap soccer jerseys
- 18 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 19 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 20 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 21 http://www.vitaminofhealth.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 22 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 23 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 24 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 25 Enjoying England for a year!