By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 2 European Cooking Secrets
- 3 Basque country ideas
- 4 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 5 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 6 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 7 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 8 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 9 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 10 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 11 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 12 4 days in switzerland
- 13 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 14 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 15 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 16 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 17 First trip to Italy
- 18 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 19 Travel vs. Babies
- 20 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 21 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 22 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 23 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 24 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 25 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?