By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Which Day?
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 7 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 8 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 9 Shorts in South of France?
- 10 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 barcelona neighborhood
- 13 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 14 Corsica and Sardinia
- 15 Best Greek Island
- 16 Les Invalides Night Show
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Regarding Residence Permit
- 19 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 22 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 23 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 24 limousine services - milan - rome
- 25 Taxi from Linate to lecco