By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 3 Proper attire for a 17 year old boy traveling to Europe
- 4 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 5 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 6 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 7 Where should I go in Spain for 2 weeks? Add Lisbon?
- 8 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 9 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 10 Berlin / Cologne / Rothenburg / Neuschwanstein
- 11 Ireland ToDo
- 12 Norway Itinerary
- 13 Two weeks in Athens and Cyclades
- 14 Daytrips/Excursions from Frankfurt
- 15 Amsterdam Hotel
- 16 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 17 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 18 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 19 italy in ll days and what to see
- 20 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 21 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 22 Amsterdam vs. France
- 23 Hamman Baths Granada
- 24 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 25 First time in Italy