By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Can we unlock a locked Orange cell -phone
- 1 Am I too fat too travel?
- 2 What to Give to Host Family
- 3 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 4 Calling all Greece experts
- 5 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 6 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 7 Visiting Greece in the fall.
- 8 Driving through Europe
- 9 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 10 Fethiye Turkey to Rhodes Greece Ferry
- 11 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 12 Limousine Service
- 13 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 14 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 15 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 16 Getting the best our of Europe
- 17 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 18 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 19 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 20 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 21 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 22 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 23 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 24 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 25 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia