By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Can we unlock a locked Orange cell -phone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 2 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 3 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 6 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 7 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 8 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 9 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 10 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 11 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 12 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 13 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 14 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 15 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 16 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 17 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 18 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Food tours in Rome?
- 21 Rome Food Tour
- 22 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 23 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 24 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 25 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice