By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 2 오션무료게임 ※연결 :≫vvn67.com≪
- 3 Trogir or Split
- 4 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 5 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 6 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 7 Scotland
- 8 Hotels in Turin
- 9 Berlin to ?
- 10 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 11 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 15 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 16 Istria in two days
- 17 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 18 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 19 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 20 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 21 Scotland itinerary help
- 22 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 23 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 24 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 25 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?