By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Can we unlock a locked Orange cell -phone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 2 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 3 Which european city?
- 4 Southern Spain
- 5 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 6 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 7 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 8 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 9 Scotland November 2015
- 10 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 11 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 12 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 13 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 14 All Set To Go!!
- 15 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 16 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 17 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 18 Italy Countryside
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 21 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 22 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 23 Germany in December 2015
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?