By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 2 Nice-Barcelona-Valencia
- 3 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 4 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 5 Italy Itinerary for 8 days
- 6 Age limit for car rental?
- 7 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 8 Santorini and Positano.
- 9 Best location for hotel in Milan for 2 nights
- 10 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 11 3 days in Provence - Avignon, Arles, Aix, and the smaller Luberon Villages
- 12 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 13 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 14 Signature Saint Germaine or La TourviLe
- 15 Cooking Class at Antinori
- 16 What clothes?
- 17 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 18 Cell Phone Data in Multiple Countries
- 19 tipping
- 20 Advice about Naples?
- 21 Nothern versus Southern region of Spain
- 22 Spain for 10 nights
- 23 30 day France, Italy, Malta, Croatia, Slovenia itinerary. Need help!
- 24 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 25 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!