By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Can we unlock a locked Orange cell -phone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions needed for trip starting July 20th, next week!
- 2 seat61
- 3 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 4 Suggestion required - Cheap way of travel from Dusseldorf to Amsterdam
- 5 Another Italy itinerary question
- 6 Never To Return
- 7 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 8 White sneakers are finally the RAGE in Europe.
- 9 My 2nd step in planning a Europe Trip
- 10 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 11 Didn't hear you Flanner
- 12 Cheapest way to travel from Dusseldorf to Amsterdam
- 13 10 days from Hannover to Stuttgart - route recommendations, please?
- 14 house-renting safe in Slovenija?
- 15 Need Help in Choosing the best scenic way!!
- 16 SHOULD I BRING A TRANSLATION PHRASE/DICTIONARY TO HUNGARY
- 17 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 18 Flights from Boston to Italy
- 19 Itinerary for Geneva-6 days
- 20 Dolomite for 5 days advice
- 21 Need a reality check on Milan Linate to Vernazza
- 22 Need Zagreb hotels recommendations
- 23 Tube woes in London- Worth it?
- 24 Antalya-Kas-Izmir
- 25 Cream tea