On several trips to France I have used my ATM/Debit card (Visa "Check Card") to withdraw money from ATM's but have always used my MBNA Visa credit card to pay for hotels, restaurants, gas and other purchases. Is it possible to use my "Check Card" for purchases as well and have the money taken directly from my checking account? Can it be used in autoroute toll booths? (I know from experience that gas station pumps won't take either of these cards.) Are there advantages or disadvantages to using one over the other?
Can I use my ATM/Debit card for purchases?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 2 Fashion for larger man?
- 3 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 4 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 5 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 6 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 7 Traveling in France by train
- 8 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 9 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 10 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 11 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 12 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 13 Sicily - not a trip report
- 14 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 17 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 18 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 19 car rental advice in Portugal
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 What to wear
- 23 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 24 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 25 Budget for 3 Month's