On several trips to France I have used my ATM/Debit card (Visa "Check Card") to withdraw money from ATM's but have always used my MBNA Visa credit card to pay for hotels, restaurants, gas and other purchases. Is it possible to use my "Check Card" for purchases as well and have the money taken directly from my checking account? Can it be used in autoroute toll booths? (I know from experience that gas station pumps won't take either of these cards.) Are there advantages or disadvantages to using one over the other?
Can I use my ATM/Debit card for purchases?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 7 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 8 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 12 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 13 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 14 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 15 nearby cities to london
- 16 Hotel in Venice
- 17 9 days in turkey
- 18 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 21 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 22 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 23 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 24 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 25 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014