On several trips to France I have used my ATM/Debit card (Visa "Check Card") to withdraw money from ATM's but have always used my MBNA Visa credit card to pay for hotels, restaurants, gas and other purchases. Is it possible to use my "Check Card" for purchases as well and have the money taken directly from my checking account? Can it be used in autoroute toll booths? (I know from experience that gas station pumps won't take either of these cards.) Are there advantages or disadvantages to using one over the other?
Can I use my ATM/Debit card for purchases?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 2 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 3 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 4 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 5 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 6 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 7 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 8 Latest Itinerary
- 9 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 10 Ireland or Scotland
- 11 Honeymoon Decision?
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 14 Traveling to Sorrento Italy and surroundings
- 15 Two Month Europe Trip
- 16 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 17 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 18 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 19 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 20 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 21 Capital One credit card car and personal insurance question?
- 22 Stockholm - Arlanda Express advanced purchase tickets
- 23 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 24 Cruising on Cunard in Your Twenties?
- 25 Romanic overnight in Girona