We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BELDİBİ, ANTALYA-TÜRKİYE
- 2 My niece wants a one week student tour
- 3 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 4 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 5 Help in determining 2 weeks in Florence, Rome, and TBD location(??)
- 6 Second thoughts about pour Germany trip...help me !
- 7 London Itinerary - Late Summer
- 8 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 9 Car hire Uk/Ireland
- 10 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 11 10 days in Italy - Suggestions?
- 12 Lake Maggiore
- 13 Despite the fact that according to my amigos private
- 14 Bootcut jeans
- 15 Validating train tickets - Germany, Switzwerland
- 16 Cadiz during Carnival? Other suggestions...
- 17 Honeymoon Plans London+Paris+??April-May
- 18 Amsterdam Transit
- 19 Pakistani on tourist visa in UK, where can I travel outside UK?
- 20 Kings Day in Amsterdam, local travel?
- 21 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 22 UK train question
- 23 Power Pump XL Reviews - Free Trail Available
- 24 Day trip suggestion from London
- 25 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France