We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Car Scam
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 4 Barcelona alternative
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 9 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 10 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 11 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 12 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 13 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 14 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 18 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 23 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 24 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 25 Douro Valley in January?
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France