We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ZOHO@Mail CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tech # SUPP0RT CARE*
- 2 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 3 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 4 Studying art in English in venice
- 5 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 6 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 7 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 10 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 11 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 12 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 13 Berlin to ?
- 14 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 15 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 16 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 17 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 18 Trogir or Split
- 19 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Hotels in Turin
- 22 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 23 Istria in two days
- 24 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 25 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France