We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Highclare Castle
- 5 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 6 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 7 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 8 Salzburg itinerary review
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 12 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 13 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 16 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 17 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 18 Spain: train/rental car help
- 19 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 20 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 23 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France