We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 2 Juangfrau / mt
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 6 Switzerland
- 7 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 11 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 12 If you had to choose one......
- 13 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 14 Ireland travel passport question
- 15 Italy
- 16 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 17 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 18 Revised itinerary for italy
- 19 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 20 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 21 Biarritz family holiday
- 22 Lisbon hotel
- 23 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France