We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 2 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 3 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 4 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 5 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 6 What do pack for Ireland?
- 7 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 8 Antwerp Tram
- 9 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 12 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 13 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 14 Boat ride from Naples to Capri
- 15 Road trip Cinque Terre to Nice or ST
- 16 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 17 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 18 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 19 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 20 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 21 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 22 Marseille Airport rental return
- 23 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 24 Alhambra
- 25 Road trip from Milan Rome
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France