We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Meteora for older folk
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 6 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 7 Athens
- 8 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 9 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 10 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 11 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 12 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 13 Germany train help!
- 14 Spain in July
- 15 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 16 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 17 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 18 Train help for Prague
- 19 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Budapest & Prague
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France