We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 2 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 3 Le Marche, Italy
- 4 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 5 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 6 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 7 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 8 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 9 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 10 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 11 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 12 European Championship
- 13 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 14 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 15 fear of driving in rome!
- 16 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 17 Our Amalfi Coast Adventure—Orlando to Dublin to Naples to Praiano
- 18 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 19 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 20 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 21 Bellissimo Rome, Amalfi Coast, Florence and Caserta: Our wonderful trip
- 22 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 23 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 24 Italy trains question
- 25 Drive from Vejer to Granada
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France