We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece in 15 Days
- 2 Munich Travel Guide
- 3 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 4 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 5 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 6 Planning Advice!
- 7 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 8 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 9 Munich restaurant recs
- 10 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 11 tablet
- 12 Help with itinerary
- 13 When to go to Norway for a ski trip?
- 14 Help! Final Questions on Western Liguria (Riviera Ponente) & Menton!
- 15 Prague Beyond the "Usual"
- 16 Norway holiday locations
- 17 Auber metro station incident 27.08.16
- 18 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 19 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 20 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 21 Flamenco -Seville 8/18 to 8/24/16
- 22 Stu Dudley's Provence and French Riviera Itinerary
- 23 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 24 Barcelona completely overrated
- 25 Just booked Athens & Santorini
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France