We are an Australian family planning a camping holiday along the Atlantic coast of Portgual, Spain and France for 5 weeks during July and August ( no choice with timeframe unfortunately). We are travelling by car and will have camping equipment, the idea being to mostly camp with the odd night in a hotel thrown in. Our priorites are good beaches, surfing and sightseeing. We have a low to moderate budget. My question is, do we need to book our accomodation weeks in advance or can we get away with with just prebooking a couple of days in advance or better yet, not booking ahead at all. We normally would never book anything in advance when we travel as we like to stay flexible but we have heard it is very busy in peak season in these countries. Any advice from people who have travelled in this region at that time of year would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From London to Paris to US
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 What neighborhood to stay in Paris?
- 4 My First Trip to Europe...
- 5 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 6 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 7 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 8 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 9 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 10 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 11 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 12 Edinburgh Festival Fireworks
- 13 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 14 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 15 Naples or Genoa
- 16 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 17 First time Europe trip for family of 4
- 18 Dover queues
- 19 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 20 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 21 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 22 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 23 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 24 Greece Experts
- 25 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France