We are planning a trip to either Sardinia or Corsica in beginning of September 2013. Regardless of which of the two islands we decide on, we plan to spend 7 to 9 days on the island, we plan to drive to there with our car (will use ferries). We will be looking for a nice campsites near to or at the beach. Ideally we would like to change 2 or up to 3 at the most locations for the stay on the island and combine laying on the beach with day trips near around the campsite. We are two - my girlfriend and me and we are interested in nice beaches, not very crowded, nice small towns/ villages (for the daily trips), and maybe some mountain are trips (especially if we decide for Corsica).
I am not sure these 7 to 9 days will be enough to trip around the entire island, especially if we talk about Sardinia, so i will be very thankful if you recommend specific areas/ campsites that would be nice to be visited.
Any information/ recommendation will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 2 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 3 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 4 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 5 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 6 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 7 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 8 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 9 Italy for Christmas Week
- 10 train or plane
- 11 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 12 Planning a European Trip
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 Norway Itinerary
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 17 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 18 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 19 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 20 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 24 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 25 A Month stay in Southern France
Camping on Sardinia or Corsica for 7 to 10 days in Sept 2013