I am going to be hiking around Mont Blanc and then throughout the Italian/Swiss Alps and I am wondering about camping? I am going to be there during mid/late august. All i can see is stuff about huts up in the mountains. Can I camping at these huts for cheap usually? Can i just camp off to the side of the trail? During that time of year are the mountains swamped with people so all the campsites fill up?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks and safe travels!i
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Train help for Prague
- 4 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 5 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 6 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 7 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Swiss Travel Pass
- 11 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 12 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Germany train help!
- 15 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 16 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 17 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 18 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 19 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 20 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 21 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 22 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 23 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 Amalfi Coast - help!