I am going to be hiking around Mont Blanc and then throughout the Italian/Swiss Alps and I am wondering about camping? I am going to be there during mid/late august. All i can see is stuff about huts up in the mountains. Can I camping at these huts for cheap usually? Can i just camp off to the side of the trail? During that time of year are the mountains swamped with people so all the campsites fill up?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks and safe travels!i
Camping in the Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 2 Scotland November 2015
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 5 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 6 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 7 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 10 Southern Spain
- 11 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 12 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 13 Museums in Berlin
- 14 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 16 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 17 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 18 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 19 5 Observations About Paris
- 20 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 21 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 22 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 23 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 24 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 25 Is my plan ok