I am going to be hiking around Mont Blanc and then throughout the Italian/Swiss Alps and I am wondering about camping? I am going to be there during mid/late august. All i can see is stuff about huts up in the mountains. Can I camping at these huts for cheap usually? Can i just camp off to the side of the trail? During that time of year are the mountains swamped with people so all the campsites fill up?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks and safe travels!i
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 4 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 9 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 12 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 13 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 18 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 19 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 22 Ireland travel passport question
- 23 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 24 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 25 Italy