I am going to be hiking around Mont Blanc and then throughout the Italian/Swiss Alps and I am wondering about camping? I am going to be there during mid/late august. All i can see is stuff about huts up in the mountains. Can I camping at these huts for cheap usually? Can i just camp off to the side of the trail? During that time of year are the mountains swamped with people so all the campsites fill up?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks and safe travels!i
Camping in the Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 2 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 3 Interesting travel scam article
- 4 10 days in England
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 7 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 8 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 9 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 10 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 11 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 12 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 13 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 14 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 15 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 16 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 17 British Plastic Shopping Bags All Have Holes in Them?
- 18 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 19 Drawing courses in Paris
- 20 Looking for add on city
- 21 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 22 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 23 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 24 Travel phones in France and Italy
- 25 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip