I am going to be hiking around Mont Blanc and then throughout the Italian/Swiss Alps and I am wondering about camping? I am going to be there during mid/late august. All i can see is stuff about huts up in the mountains. Can I camping at these huts for cheap usually? Can i just camp off to the side of the trail? During that time of year are the mountains swamped with people so all the campsites fill up?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks and safe travels!i
Camping in the Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia
- 2 Your favourite places in Bath
- 3 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 4 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 5 Is this the right way<>?
- 6 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 7 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 8 Rome Areas to stay
- 9 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 10 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 11 Rental car scams in Italy
- 12 Italy - Month of July
- 13 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 14 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 15 Autumn in Paris
- 16 Europe Tour with Kids
- 17 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails
- 18 St Germain
- 19 22 days or DIY tour
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 22 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 23 England & Scotland in April
- 24 17days Italy itinerary for Dec
- 25 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary