I am going to be hiking around Mont Blanc and then throughout the Italian/Swiss Alps and I am wondering about camping? I am going to be there during mid/late august. All i can see is stuff about huts up in the mountains. Can I camping at these huts for cheap usually? Can i just camp off to the side of the trail? During that time of year are the mountains swamped with people so all the campsites fill up?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks and safe travels!i
Camping in the Alps
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 2 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 SIM card for eastern europe
- 5 Munich and Dachau
- 6 Trouble purchasing tickets to Sagrada Familia online
- 7 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 8 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 9 Any knowledge of the Kavouri - Vouliagmeni (Athens Suburbs) Greece
- 10 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 11 London visit
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 14 21 Days in Central Europe
- 15 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 16 Three days in Spain
- 17 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 18 Duoro river cruises
- 19 car rental advice in Portugal
- 20 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 21 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 22 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 23 Eurostar booking
- 24 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 25 Madrid Tapas Tour