I had posted a similar question along with another post but decided to make this a post in itself because I am somewhat hesitant about using my good camera in Barcelona.
I have been reading a lot about pickpockets and safety of items in Barcelona. I don't scare too easily but I am concerned. I always travel with my Nikon D90 DSLR camera with a fairly big lens and maybe another lens strapped over my arm. I carry my camera on my chest with special gear called a cottoncarrier. The camera basically attaches to a clamp on a vest on my chest. I pull it off to shoot.
My question is do I ditch the camera and just use a point and shoot. I don't really want to do this. My passion is street photography and Barcelona would be such a good subject.
When the the groups of pickpocketers see a camera, a couple holding a map and blue jeans that really does scream TOURIST, HERE I AM COME GET MY STUFF.
Any suggestions or precautions would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 3 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 4 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 5 First Trip to Paris
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 Guide in Russia
- 8 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 9 SKIP THE LINE TICKETS TO VERSAILLES AND LOUVRE
- 10 Train travel
- 11 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 12 B&Bs in Ireland
- 13 travel fan 220v?
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 16 Store luggage in Rome for a few hours
- 17 WWI Battlefields
- 18 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 21 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 22 Switzerland
- 23 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 24 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 25 Zadar or Sibenik