I had posted a similar question along with another post but decided to make this a post in itself because I am somewhat hesitant about using my good camera in Barcelona.
I have been reading a lot about pickpockets and safety of items in Barcelona. I don't scare too easily but I am concerned. I always travel with my Nikon D90 DSLR camera with a fairly big lens and maybe another lens strapped over my arm. I carry my camera on my chest with special gear called a cottoncarrier. The camera basically attaches to a clamp on a vest on my chest. I pull it off to shoot.
My question is do I ditch the camera and just use a point and shoot. I don't really want to do this. My passion is street photography and Barcelona would be such a good subject.
When the the groups of pickpocketers see a camera, a couple holding a map and blue jeans that really does scream TOURIST, HERE I AM COME GET MY STUFF.
Any suggestions or precautions would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Summer Travel order
- 3 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 4 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 5 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 6 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 7 Trip suggestion
- 8 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 9 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 10 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 11 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 12 Spain in July
- 13 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 16 Dijon in December!
- 17 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 22 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 23 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 24 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 25 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris