I had posted a similar question along with another post but decided to make this a post in itself because I am somewhat hesitant about using my good camera in Barcelona.
I have been reading a lot about pickpockets and safety of items in Barcelona. I don't scare too easily but I am concerned. I always travel with my Nikon D90 DSLR camera with a fairly big lens and maybe another lens strapped over my arm. I carry my camera on my chest with special gear called a cottoncarrier. The camera basically attaches to a clamp on a vest on my chest. I pull it off to shoot.
My question is do I ditch the camera and just use a point and shoot. I don't really want to do this. My passion is street photography and Barcelona would be such a good subject.
When the the groups of pickpocketers see a camera, a couple holding a map and blue jeans that really does scream TOURIST, HERE I AM COME GET MY STUFF.
Any suggestions or precautions would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: train/rental car help
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Germany or Sweden
- 4 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 5 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 6 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 13 Sicily help
- 14 PARIS
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 17 "Too Much Cows"
- 18 Bordeaux to Nice
- 19 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 22 Rome -- The next time around
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 25 Rome to Venice