So per your advice, thank you all, I am taking a day trip from London to either York or Cambridge and not Edinburgh like I originally intended. I only have one day so I need to choose.
When I get there, I prefer to walk around, like I did in Bath, and not use public transport. So which city is easier to navigate on foot and is more walkable? Any must see/do in either? I will be going in September.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 2 Gelato course in Rome?
- 3 Ali
- 4 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 5 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 6 Too much for one day?
- 7 Travel WiFi - France
- 8 Norfolk base
- 9 Lipari to Capri??
- 10 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 11 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 12 Iceland Trip report
- 13 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 14 12 days europe
- 15 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 16 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 17 Spain Itinerary Help
- 18 Drinks in Spain
- 19 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 20 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 21 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 22 RFID Protection
- 23 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 24 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 25 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris