I'll be heading to Europe for a few weeks this July, and have been wondering how to call home from there (Hungary, Austria, Czech Rep., Germany). I live in Canada, where cell phone plans are ridiculously expensive and non-competitive, so I just have a pay-as-you-go phone, which will cost me about $4/min abroad, according to Rogers. I'm looking for a simple way to call home, that will preferably not cost me the moon! Any advice?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Brixen/ Bressanone: ideas for a few days?
- 4 cell phone companys
- 5 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 6 italy itinerary
- 7 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 8 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 9 Local markets in Italy
- 10 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 11 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 12 My 7 day Provence itinerary... workable?
- 13 Positano - Sorrento Travel Questions
- 14 Where in Paris?
- 15 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 16 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 17 4 days in London worth the jetlag?
- 18 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 19 Guides - Matera
- 20 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 21 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 22 Spain Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 24 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 25 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival