My partner and I have 21 days available in late May/mid June 2014. We're thinking this would be the perfect amount of time and time of year to visit Turkey. We're interesting in staying in 3-4 different locales. We like to 'settle in' and savor each place (versus changing hotels every few nights). We're thinking:
4. Beach (possibly a Gullet in lieu of the beach)
We'll get our International Air SFO/Istanbul on either Lufthansa or Swissair, they both have decent schedules.
Any suggestions for a basic itinerary? Interested in sites, hotels (3-4 star, at around $100 p/night) and any air/car suggestions.
BIG Thank you!
Calling All Turkey Experts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice or Marseille??
- 2 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 3 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 4 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 5 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 6 Air pollution in Paris
- 7 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 8 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 9 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 gites de france or agritourism
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 16 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 20 Dresden or Leipzig
- 21 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 22 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 23 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 24 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 25 Need Some Italy Planning Help