My partner and I have 21 days available in late May/mid June 2014. We're thinking this would be the perfect amount of time and time of year to visit Turkey. We're interesting in staying in 3-4 different locales. We like to 'settle in' and savor each place (versus changing hotels every few nights). We're thinking:
4. Beach (possibly a Gullet in lieu of the beach)
We'll get our International Air SFO/Istanbul on either Lufthansa or Swissair, they both have decent schedules.
Any suggestions for a basic itinerary? Interested in sites, hotels (3-4 star, at around $100 p/night) and any air/car suggestions.
BIG Thank you!
Calling All Turkey Experts!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Food Tour
- 2 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 5 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 6 I dream of Europe
- 7 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 8 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 9 First Time to UK since 2001
- 10 Help with England/Wales tour
- 11 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 12 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 13 Autumn in Paris
- 14 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 15 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 16 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 17 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 18 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 19 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 20 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 21 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 22 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 23 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 24 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 25 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...