Just an FYI for those trying to buy these tickets from overseas. Scotrail changed their booking system and do not allow bookings for the bargain berths with overseas credit cards. You CAN book the regular advance fares however. Now, they won't tell you that anywhere on the site. You have to get ALL the way through the booking process, enter all your info, incl credit card, before they tell you no. I confirmed this on a couple other sites. I spent days trying to get these tickets. At first, I thought they sold out because they released them while I was asleep here in the states (9am Friday instead of midnight as I thought from other travel sites), but I eventually found out they do not sell them on Thursday or Friday departures. This is also not mentioned on the Scotrail site anywhere. I changed my departure from a Thursday to Wed and, voila, there were berths available, only to be disappointed in the end. I emailed their customer service, but I wanted to save some other poor soul the wasted time and frustration
Caledonian sleeper bargain berths
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 4 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 5 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 6 Traveling to Munich
- 7 Day trips from Marseille
- 8 London tube
- 9 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 10 cooking classes
- 11 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 12 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 13 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 14 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 15 Zurich, Switzerland
- 16 Day trip from London to Paris
- 17 Europe in 21 days
- 18 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 19 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 20 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 21 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 22 one last portugal car rental question
- 23 Venice
- 24 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 25 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us