Just an FYI for those trying to buy these tickets from overseas. Scotrail changed their booking system and do not allow bookings for the bargain berths with overseas credit cards. You CAN book the regular advance fares however. Now, they won't tell you that anywhere on the site. You have to get ALL the way through the booking process, enter all your info, incl credit card, before they tell you no. I confirmed this on a couple other sites. I spent days trying to get these tickets. At first, I thought they sold out because they released them while I was asleep here in the states (9am Friday instead of midnight as I thought from other travel sites), but I eventually found out they do not sell them on Thursday or Friday departures. This is also not mentioned on the Scotrail site anywhere. I changed my departure from a Thursday to Wed and, voila, there were berths available, only to be disappointed in the end. I emailed their customer service, but I wanted to save some other poor soul the wasted time and frustration
Caledonian sleeper bargain berths
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 2 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 3 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 4 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 5 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 6 Good times in Munich, the city
- 7 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 8 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 9 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 10 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 11 Lake Como transportation questions
- 12 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 13 history museums or locations
- 14 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 15 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 16 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 17 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 18 By train to and out of Prague
- 19 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 20 Cylades Island Hopping
- 21 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 22 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 23 Italy dolomites
- 24 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 25 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report