We really want to see the Calanque d'en Vau when we will be there in mid-Sep. I've read online that there are a couple of hiking options. First route is where we park our car on Avenue Noire Dame and hike the short but strenuous trail to the Calanque which passes de Port Miou and de Port Pin. I looked at several maps, but after the second calanque I'm not sure which way to follow to get to our destination. We are fit and used to hikes. My only fear is getting lost . The second option is to park at Col de la Gordiale and hike down to d'en Vau.
Has anyone hiked any or both of these trails? How long would each hike take for a fit and fast couple? I also heard about break-ins at the parking lot at the Col de la Gordiale. Would you suggest to follow the first route based on that risk? What about taking the first route to get to the calanque and the second route back to the city, if the scenery is worth it?
We'd appreciate any suggestions and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 3 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 4 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 5 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 6 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 7 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 8 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 9 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 10 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 11 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 12 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 13 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 14 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 15 Valencia Spain
- 16 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 17 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 18 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 19 Visiting Zurich
- 20 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 21 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 22 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 23 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 24 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 25 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?