We really want to see the Calanque d'en Vau when we will be there in mid-Sep. I've read online that there are a couple of hiking options. First route is where we park our car on Avenue Noire Dame and hike the short but strenuous trail to the Calanque which passes de Port Miou and de Port Pin. I looked at several maps, but after the second calanque I'm not sure which way to follow to get to our destination. We are fit and used to hikes. My only fear is getting lost . The second option is to park at Col de la Gordiale and hike down to d'en Vau.
Has anyone hiked any or both of these trails? How long would each hike take for a fit and fast couple? I also heard about break-ins at the parking lot at the Col de la Gordiale. Would you suggest to follow the first route based on that risk? What about taking the first route to get to the calanque and the second route back to the city, if the scenery is worth it?
We'd appreciate any suggestions and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 2 Biarritz family holiday
- 3 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 6 Bernina Express mid-March
- 7 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 8 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 9 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 10 Ireland hotel questions
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 13 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 14 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 15 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 16 Revised itinerary for italy
- 17 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 18 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 19 where to stay in London?
- 20 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 21 Flamenco in October
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 4 days itinerary for France
- 24 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 25 getting to CDG