We really want to see the Calanque d'en Vau when we will be there in mid-Sep. I've read online that there are a couple of hiking options. First route is where we park our car on Avenue Noire Dame and hike the short but strenuous trail to the Calanque which passes de Port Miou and de Port Pin. I looked at several maps, but after the second calanque I'm not sure which way to follow to get to our destination. We are fit and used to hikes. My only fear is getting lost . The second option is to park at Col de la Gordiale and hike down to d'en Vau.
Has anyone hiked any or both of these trails? How long would each hike take for a fit and fast couple? I also heard about break-ins at the parking lot at the Col de la Gordiale. Would you suggest to follow the first route based on that risk? What about taking the first route to get to the calanque and the second route back to the city, if the scenery is worth it?
We'd appreciate any suggestions and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 2 Car rental help in Sicily
- 3 Italy Itinerary Advice
- 4 Small towns not too near Paris
- 5 Munich Hotel Location
- 6 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 7 Trip in September
- 8 Escorted tours Norway
- 9 Help with basic itinerary
- 10 Wake Up Mods
- 11 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 12 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 13 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets
- 14 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 15 favorite app for converting US $$
- 16 Italy - hiking, active, with Sicily
- 17 Clean up spam
- 18 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 19 Driving in Croatia
- 20 Croatia - Zadar or Hvar or Korcula?
- 21 Charming areas to explore in London
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 24 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 25 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please