We really want to see the Calanque d'en Vau when we will be there in mid-Sep. I've read online that there are a couple of hiking options. First route is where we park our car on Avenue Noire Dame and hike the short but strenuous trail to the Calanque which passes de Port Miou and de Port Pin. I looked at several maps, but after the second calanque I'm not sure which way to follow to get to our destination. We are fit and used to hikes. My only fear is getting lost . The second option is to park at Col de la Gordiale and hike down to d'en Vau.
Has anyone hiked any or both of these trails? How long would each hike take for a fit and fast couple? I also heard about break-ins at the parking lot at the Col de la Gordiale. Would you suggest to follow the first route based on that risk? What about taking the first route to get to the calanque and the second route back to the city, if the scenery is worth it?
We'd appreciate any suggestions and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 5 Whathello Paris
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna