We are leaving for Spain next week and will have 5 nights/4 full days in Seville. We'd like to have an idea of a day trip that we could take with our teens if we end up having the time.
Cadiz was an idea but the carnival will be going on when we're there and it might be too crowded for our tastes; we'd rather avoid huge crowds on vacation if it can be avoided. Any feedback on being there for the carnival? If not for the carnival, I think Cadiz would be a great choice for us.
This is our first time in Spain and we'll be staying in Seville and Madrid. We're looking for a town that's interesting enough that we can spend a few hours walking around exploring the area, enjoying the culture and having a meal. We don't need "major" sights. Our kids aren't overly anxious to tour more cathedrals.
Also, would prefer train over bus from Seville.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 2 Windsor Castle
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 7 base for Andalucia
- 8 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 9 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 10 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 11 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 14 4 nights in Sardinia
- 15 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 16 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 17 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 18 "Too Much Cows"
- 19 Matera tour guide wanted
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 22 Moscow, Russia shopping
- 23 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 24 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 25 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...