We are leaving for Spain next week and will have 5 nights/4 full days in Seville. We'd like to have an idea of a day trip that we could take with our teens if we end up having the time.
Cadiz was an idea but the carnival will be going on when we're there and it might be too crowded for our tastes; we'd rather avoid huge crowds on vacation if it can be avoided. Any feedback on being there for the carnival? If not for the carnival, I think Cadiz would be a great choice for us.
This is our first time in Spain and we'll be staying in Seville and Madrid. We're looking for a town that's interesting enough that we can spend a few hours walking around exploring the area, enjoying the culture and having a meal. We don't need "major" sights. Our kids aren't overly anxious to tour more cathedrals.
Also, would prefer train over bus from Seville.
Thank you in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 6 Musee Carnavalet closed for now
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 15 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 16 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 17 Luggage Storage
- 18 LIsbon
- 19 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 20 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 21 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 22 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 23 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 24 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days