Like many people on this board, I've always dreamed of owning a home in Paris. I'm curious, has anyone done this or have you considered it? To me the idea sounds very similar to owning a timeshare where you purchase 1/2, 1/4 to 1/12 ownershop. Cost wise, this *sounds* very appealing but, I'm wondering investment wise if it's a good idea? Everyone here in the USA seems to end up unloading their timeshares at a loss. I honestly don't know anyone who purchased a timeshare who would do it again! On the other hand, you could rent an apartment on a monthly basis for A LOT less than what you'd pay to own. The issue is long term, I would assume that real estate values in Paris are on the rise so perhaps it would be a good investment in the long run? Just dreaming at work and weighing my options!
Buying an apartment in Paris - Fractional Ownership
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 2 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 3 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 4 Train to Airport in Venice
- 5 Golfing in Ireland
- 6 Day trips from Seville
- 7 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 8 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 9 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 10 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 11 Foie gras, redux
- 12 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 13 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 14 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 15 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 16 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 17 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 21 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Trieste and Koper
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace