The talk of chip&pin I know has been discussed to death. Just a bit of a different question...
In the states you can buy a visa giftcard in numerous supermarkets and drugstores. Yes, there is a one time fee added when you purchase it. No problem there. Is the European equivalent e.g. http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/prepaid/gift_cards.aspx also found in many stores in Paris (and Nice) ?
At best, I might only get a chip and sig card in time. So as plan B , can I buy a visa giftcard in France with cash? and would assume it would be chip&pin?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 3 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 4 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 9 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 10 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 14 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 15 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 16 Quizz !
- 17 Iceland
- 18 Venice/Mestre
- 19 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 20 Our future trip to Greece
- 21 Russia in two weeks in December
- 22 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 23 Christmas Day in Granada
- 24 car insurance italy
- 25 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona