The talk of chip&pin I know has been discussed to death. Just a bit of a different question...
In the states you can buy a visa giftcard in numerous supermarkets and drugstores. Yes, there is a one time fee added when you purchase it. No problem there. Is the European equivalent e.g. http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/prepaid/gift_cards.aspx also found in many stores in Paris (and Nice) ?
At best, I might only get a chip and sig card in time. So as plan B , can I buy a visa giftcard in France with cash? and would assume it would be chip&pin?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 alcazar question and seville advice
- 2 Couscous
- 3 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 4 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 5 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 6 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 7 Tuscany Itinerary
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 Places to stop/stay?
- 10 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 11 Visit to Sardinia
- 12 driving from London to Lourdes
- 13 ATM
- 14 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 15 TIM in FCO - update
- 16 Visa Query
- 17 London in Winter Report
- 18 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 21 ATM help
- 22 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 23 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 24 London is it worth it?
- 25 Montserrat Express