The talk of chip&pin I know has been discussed to death. Just a bit of a different question...
In the states you can buy a visa giftcard in numerous supermarkets and drugstores. Yes, there is a one time fee added when you purchase it. No problem there. Is the European equivalent e.g. http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/prepaid/gift_cards.aspx also found in many stores in Paris (and Nice) ?
At best, I might only get a chip and sig card in time. So as plan B , can I buy a visa giftcard in France with cash? and would assume it would be chip&pin?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COMCAST@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 3 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Iceland france spain
- 8 Ex-pats with young kids
- 9 Maximizing Norway time
- 10 Greece
- 11 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 12 southeast sicily town as home base
- 13 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 14 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 15 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 16 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 19 Top Tapas Tascas
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Ludwig Castles
- 25 Best Viking Sites