The talk of chip&pin I know has been discussed to death. Just a bit of a different question...
In the states you can buy a visa giftcard in numerous supermarkets and drugstores. Yes, there is a one time fee added when you purchase it. No problem there. Is the European equivalent e.g. http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/prepaid/gift_cards.aspx also found in many stores in Paris (and Nice) ?
At best, I might only get a chip and sig card in time. So as plan B , can I buy a visa giftcard in France with cash? and would assume it would be chip&pin?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We're here!
- 2 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 6-7 Days in France
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 5 Days in Switzerland
- 11 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Bremerhaven and environs
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 21 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 24 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 25 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help