The talk of chip&pin I know has been discussed to death. Just a bit of a different question...
In the states you can buy a visa giftcard in numerous supermarkets and drugstores. Yes, there is a one time fee added when you purchase it. No problem there. Is the European equivalent e.g. http://www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/prepaid/gift_cards.aspx also found in many stores in Paris (and Nice) ?
At best, I might only get a chip and sig card in time. So as plan B , can I buy a visa giftcard in France with cash? and would assume it would be chip&pin?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 4 Naples, Italy
- 5 Ireland in April
- 6 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 9 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 10 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 11 French restaurants
- 12 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 13 Engadine Valley help
- 14 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 15 Tuscany 6 nights
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 19 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees
- 20 Planning a European Trip
- 21 France & Italy, May or June
- 22 Ireland trip planning recommendations - March
- 23 Best travelling Dordogne to Barcelona?
- 24 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 25 San Sebastian